Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2015, 04:25 PM   #1
workingman

Default Issues With Win 8.1 and Two Monitors - Mouse Pointer Does Not Move Between Monitors

Laptop: Dell Inspirion 15 (touch screen)
Additional Monitor: Acer H203H
Windows 8.1
DisplayLink Core Software 7.7.60366.0
DisplayLink Graphics 7.7.60373.0
Plugable USB 2.0 USB Display Adapter Model UGA-2K-A

Software detects and correctly identifies both monitors.

When computer first boots, mouse pointer and windows sometimes act as expected. I can move pointer from one monitor to the other and drag windows and icons to each. Right-click cut and paste works too.

After a few minutes, mouse pointer will operate on only one monitor. If I switch to "Duplicate These Displays" that function works fine on both monitors.

If I reboot, mouse pointer may or may not work on two monitors.

As far as I know, all drivers and software have been updated.

My second monitor and a number of other devices (external hard drive, printer, wireless keyboard receiver, etc.) connect to a USB hub. When I connect this hub to my Win 7 laptop, DisplayLink works perfectly. The above issues happen when I connect the Win 8.1 laptop to the hub (only one computer is connected at a time). If I connect the monitor directly to the laptop, the issues persist as described above.

How do I come to enjoy two monitors and full mouse functionality like I did with these plugable devices and my Windows 7 laptop?

Last edited by workingman; 03-31-2015 at 05:36 PM.
workingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:05 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

I've heard of mouse pointer disappearing issues on other PCs running Windows 8 that were resolved by installing the latest Windows updates / graphics driver. Can you check if you have the latest updates and graphics driver installed?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #3
workingman

I did so after putting up my original post. It turned out that there was a pending Windows update that did not automatically download even though Windows is set to automatically download and install all updates. DisplayLink seems to be working fine now with my Win 8.1 laptop.
workingman is offline   Reply With Quote