Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application

Old 01-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
rmc47

Default Allow iPad to be used as a touchscreen for controlling the PC

I'm guessing this is already on your to-do list, but it'd be great if the iPad could also be a touchscreen interface for the PC: then I could drag a window on to the iPad, walk away from my desk, and keep interacting with it. Awesomeness would follow!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Pawel

Lightbulb

Hi rmc47,

Touchscreen support is a feature candidate for next release.

Regards

Pawel
Old 01-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
kintaro

Thumbs up

I hope that this feature will be included in new release...because it is very veryimportant!!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
MarkH

Hi,

I was just wondering if there was any rough timeline for when iPad touchscreen support will be available ?

I've just installed the software and it works great, but adding touchscreen support (basic mouse click emulation) would make this product amazing.

Thanks
Mark
Old 11-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Rongador

Still not possible, unfortunately... just wondering if they really work on updates? Espacially: App-switching without losing the connection to the pc (and without having to rearrange all windows again) and Touchscreen-control...
Old 11-09-2011, 01:48 AM   #6
roguevoice

Touchscreen support is definitely within the capabilities of displaylink. Please do not entice us with one of the best offerings for remote displays available. The closet now is XDisplay by Splashtop. However, their solution does not currently work with multiple monitors. They emulate the VGA port somehow instead of extending support like Displaylink. Please give us an update on this feature. I would also like to see a Windows client similar to MaxiVista so that I can share other PCs monitors.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
Rongador

MaxiVista is shit. They also "install" a new graphic card driver-thing and do not extend the monitor like windows does. You cannot exactly place the iPad as a display where you want it. They are also stretching the background and completly rearange all icons on the desktop in a very bad way. The best solution yet is DisplayLink - and its for free. Two arguments that let me stay here... but I hope the will do a bugfix, so that when switching apps the connection does NOT get lost and touchscreen-capability..
Old 11-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #8
dracula

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguevoice View Post
Touchscreen support is definitely within the capabilities of displaylink. Please do not entice us with one of the best offerings for remote displays available. The closet now is XDisplay by Splashtop. However, their solution does not currently work with multiple monitors.
Indeed, I was stunned by the awesome features of Splashtop XDisplay: it adds a touch-screen (including left-click, right-click, mousewheel, popup-keyboard), and can even stream sound from host to iPad.

Ideally there was an app that could handle multi-monitor setups (like DisplayLink does), AND has these great sound/touch features (like XDisplay has).
Old 10-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
Derekius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel View Post
Hi rmc47,

Touchscreen support is a feature candidate for next release.

Regards

Pawel
So, which release is this, and is there a beta program I can join? That comment was nearly 21 months ago. I'm running Windows 8 RTM, and I am able to get my 1st gen iPad to function as a 1042x768 wireless display, but I would really like touch features. Obviously multitouch is the goal, but I'd settle for single touch right now.