Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #71
ChristianP

Here is the correct link to download the script that will guide you through solving the KEXT cache issue:

https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=262

In case the script is blocked by Gatekeeper (you should see a popup message saying "“dl_cache_fix_wizard.command” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer."),
please open System Preferences->Security &Privacy->General tab and click on "Open anyway" button.

Last edited by ChristianP; 10-18-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:12 PM   #72
mattd0n0van

Default Lost all displaylink use - Macbook Pro after Catalina Patch update

I have a 2019 Macbook Pro and am Using the D6000 hub to support dual monitors. I upgraded to Catalina last week and received the black screen issue as well.

After Catalina Update
Issue: Black Screens
Solution: Downloaded Beta 2 and updated Screen Recording Security Settings.

Catalina Patch on 10/16
Issue: Dock is not recognized at all. I am not receiving power or any recognition of signal from the dock.
Troubleshooting: I have uninstalled drivers and reinstalled up to beta3, but still no change.

Anyone have any help?
Old 10-21-2019, 05:09 AM   #73
lspintzyk

Please follow that article:
https://support.displaylink.com/know...r-only-one-mon
If problem persist try the solution ChristianP from the post above.

Also please gather logs using that tool (https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=66) and attache them here.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:24 AM   #74
mhaggstrom

Default Fix for monitors not working when upgrading to Catalina

In case anyone else has my issue....

My monitors stopped working on my macbook air when I upgraded to Catalina. I followed the instructions here:

https://support.displaylink.com/know...r-only-one-mon

One last step that needed to be done after the above instructions was to go to Security and Privacy in System Preferences. In the General tab at the bottom is a new message I hadn't seen before that read "Some system software was blocked from loading" with an "Allow" button. I clicked that button and saw DisplayLink in the list. I checked the box for it and restarted and my monitors work now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 4.11.07 AM.jpg (3.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-21-2019, 03:00 PM   #75
Swigs

Default Still not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspintzyk View Post
Hi Swigs, all

In the attachment I had put dl_cache_fix_wizard.command script, that is guiding you in order to fix the problem. Since we need one manual step(going to recovery mode) it can't be fully automatic.

If all will be fine you will be prompted to install displaylink driver with such message:
"System cache integrity is correct. Please install DisplayLink driver ..."

Thanks for all your help Ispintyzk! Once I downloaded the new Catalina update it apparently must have fixed the underlying issue as my DisplayLink now works appropriately as it was previously.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:28 PM   #76
donpuethone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
Here is the correct link to download the script that will guide you through solving the KEXT cache issue:

In case the script is blocked by Gatekeeper (you should see a popup message saying "“dl_cache_fix_wizard.command” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer."),
please open System Preferences->Security &Privacy->General tab and click on "Open anyway" button.
Tried the link. When I accepted terms and conditions this message came up:

"NoSuchKeyThe specified key does not exist.live/downloads/software/f1437_KEXT Cache Update Re-installer Script 0.1.zipFDAACA288A341DDFtD7i1V+nF+PFRnFlEqL+xEqTpD3 hAJ8q6CdxyXoAMRutUIH9stXaO9lVvX/FuZvWAbyFoSFRCAg="

Also: My problem is that the screen is black. As soon as I move my mouse to the screen I can see it. But everything else that I tried to move to the screen (e.g. a window) I can see nothing, except my mouse button. Tried everything that was described in this post, nothing worked for me so far...
Old 10-22-2019, 06:50 AM   #77
donpuethone

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpuethone View Post
Tried the link. When I accepted terms and conditions this message came up:

"NoSuchKeyThe specified key does not exist.live/downloads/software/f1437_KEXT Cache Update Re-installer Script 0.1.zipFDAACA288A341DDFtD7i1V+nF+PFRnFlEqL+xEqTpD3 hAJ8q6CdxyXoAMRutUIH9stXaO9lVvX/FuZvWAbyFoSFRCAg="

Also: My problem is that the screen is black. As soon as I move my mouse to the screen I can see it. But everything else that I tried to move to the screen (e.g. a window) I can see nothing, except my mouse button. Tried everything that was described in this post, nothing worked for me so far...
Now it is working again after I did the following: I went to monitor managing and there I ticked "synchronise monitors" and the second screen worked again. After I desyncronised again, the monitor worked again as before the update...
Old 10-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #78
sladerino

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post

Hey ya,

The link is not working.

I also tried everything else mentioned here (also with deinstalling the driver, restarting into boot dooing the kext command).

My screen remains black and i really have no idea what to try else

attached are the log files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20191022_113909.zip (853.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-23-2019, 08:48 PM   #79
BobbyTU

I've been trying to get my dual monitor setup to work with my 2018 MacBook Pro and the startech dock since installing Catalina. I've done the uninstall -> boot to recovery -> re-install process a couple times, most recently a few hours ago with Beta 3 of the software.

I'm having no luck, not even seeing the tool in the "Screen Recording" section of my settings.

I've attached the DisplayLink info output. I'd really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20191023_133923.zip (359.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-24-2019, 06:59 AM   #80
CherieHere

Default DisplayLink not in Screen Recording

I am having same problem where DisplayLink is not in the screen recording window.

Yes I have done everything else suggested in the forum - uninstall, clear cache, reinstall i it is loaded etc. Just not in the screen record list....

Any ideas?
Closed Thread