Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2024, 01:30 PM   #1
Bronette

Default Screen "Freezing" during Zoom meetings Mac M2

Started a new gig and got a MacBook M2 running Sonoma 14.4.1 supporting two LG Ultra HD monitors with a Wavlink Dual Monitor Docking Station https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1.

When I am in a Zoom meeting and sharing my screen on Brave and/or Chrome, the screen will "Freeze." I can hear audio, and the participants can see my mousing move (so I've been told), but my screen is frozen. The mouse doesn't move, the browser is frozen, etc. I'm forced to unplug my docker station, which disconnects Zoom, and I have to log back in and continue from my MacBook. Just completely destroys the flow, and it's not the smoothest presentation style. It happens consistently and takes around 10 to 20 minutes to occur.

At the point where I'm thinking of having to revert to a Windows machine to do presentations. How do I fix this?

**UPDATE**: Just updated to 1.10.0 pushed out on March 11th, hopefully this addresses it..

Last edited by Bronette; 05-16-2024 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Update
Bronette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 03:53 PM   #2
Bronette

I updated it to 1.10.1, but it STILL freezes. Is there a workaround for this or a way to fix this?
Bronette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 03:13 PM   #3
JoshR

You are not alone, I have been having this problem along with many many others across the DisplayLink and Zoom forums. Incredibly frustrating. The "fix" is to use the DisplayLink driver cleaner utility and install version 1.9. That worked for me, except my IT keeps forcing an upgrade to 1.10.1 (Build 93) every time I reboot, which isn't often, but is super annoying.

Apparently DisplayLink team is working with Apple on a fix, but I haven't seen them directly acknowledge that on the forum (would be GREAT from a customer service perspective if they would acknowledge, since half the recent forum posts are about this issue. . . )
JoshR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 06:08 PM   #4
kivnic

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronette View Post
I updated it to 1.10.1, but it STILL freezes. Is there a workaround for this or a way to fix this?
I having the EXACT same issue with an M1 Mac on Sonoma. I just updated from Sonoma 14.x to 14.5 and the problem has gotten much worse.

Aside from Zoom, it also happens frequently with Camtasia.
kivnic is offline   Reply With Quote