Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2016, 07:02 PM   #1
cestfiu

Default Still no mirroring capability

OK, got the latest driver from Dynadock, and can at least connect my Surface Pro 1.0 to external monitor now. The problem is that I can no longer mirror displays on Pro and Monitor - only extend or display on one or the other. I have checked all drivers and they are current and functioning.

When docked, I use the Pro's pen as my mouse - the Pro becomes a graphic input device. It sorta works with thePro's screen black, but only sorta. Without the mirroring:
o I can no longer look at the Pro for fine tuning of pen placement. Simple things like signing a document "eyes-on" are no longer possible.
o Pen accuracy and/or responsiveness is degraded near the edges of the screen. Having trouble picking up tools near the screen edges in applications like my pdf annotator (Bluebeam Revu).
o Palm rejection is not working. With pen in hand and hovering over the Pro, I and getting unintended activations from my hand's contact with the lower portions of the screen
o Hovering pen sometimes not detected. When this occurs, I must tap screen to get pen detected, then I can hover and tap.

There may be more issues as I continue to futz through with work-around discoveries

DisplayLink diagnostics zip attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip STEVESURFACE_20160928_114843.zip (1.13 MB, 1 views)
cestfiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:34 AM   #2
miki

hi
i have the same problem
i have try all you suggest bat no mirror
i attach the log file
your
miki
Attached Files
File Type: zip DESKTOP-MEA1CUE_20160929_092755.zip (3.31 MB, 1 views)
miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:21 AM   #3
AlbanRampon

Hello,

Screen mirroring across graphics adapters on Windows 10 Anniversary Update will require your primary graphics card driver to support it.
Unfortunately, on the Intel 3rd generation CPU platform, this was not standard. (Dell just released the 7th generation Intel CPU products)
In the old versions of Windows, we could create that feature even if the graphics card didn't support it. However, we now rely on the OS to get the pixels from the graphics card instead of getting them ourselves.
I would recommend you try to find a new Intel graphics driver.
You may need to manually update them following the Intel FAQ and using the ZIP version.
The latest driver for your graphics card is and may still not include the feature: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...s-7-8-1-15-33-

If this fails, uninstall the driver totally and this will use the default Windows Basic Graphics Adapter which does support cloning.
You can try and request new drivers from Intel supporting the "Windows DWM Clone" feature but they are unlikely to still be supporting your products.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:17 PM   #4
tanstaafl

Default Customers abandoned by Microsoft and DisplayLink

My computer is 3 years old. Suddenly my trusty Displaylink adapter does not duplicate displays any more. I discovered this while trying to hook up my laptop in my classroom at the beginning of a class session, as I have done for the past 3 years--but my laptop had decided to update itself to Windows 10 version 1607, crippling a vital piece of hardware. Now I read that you were in cahoots with Microsoft on this.

Shame on both of you. In the future, can we expect Displaylink software to suddenly stop working due to Windows updates, without warning? If so, then why should I buy anything from you and your hardware partners?
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:52 PM   #5
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello tanstaafl,

Before accusing people of conspiring against you, have you tried what I recommended and which worked for everyone else who tried?

The only company responsible here is Intel for not issuing graphics driver for Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Have you contacted Intel to ask about "DWM Clone support"?
We did, and another teacher did.
You also have the choice of removing the Windows 10 upgrade, but I would not recommend it.

The fact that DisplayLink driver along with the Microsoft default graphics driver do offer the clone feature on Windows 10 v1607 is evidence that, if anything, we did conspire to make it work.

Regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution

Last edited by AlbanRampon; 09-29-2016 at 04:58 PM.
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:52 AM   #6
cestfiu

The Displaylink folks gave me all the info I needed regarding the mirroring graphics challenges. I could have moved on with some of the other approaches suggested, but found I was experiencing other difficulties that were unrelated to Displaylink.

Breaking straw for me was additional problems with pen input and touch input. Then my accounting software refused to open. Then, after an attempted restart without any peripherals connected, I had no touch or pen capabilities and could not enter a password to sign on.

Too many scary things going on. At least on my hardware, Anniversary does not seem to be ready for prime time.

I rolled back to the pre-anniversary edition of Win 10. At least that came off without a hitch.

If you roll back, don't forget to change your Windows Update settings to the "Defer" option
cestfiu is offline   Reply With Quote