Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2011, 06:36 AM   #1
isokrates

Default Problems with DisplayLink iPad and Windows Vista

Hello all,

I downloaded DisplayLink for iPad yesterday, and spent several hours getting absolutely nowhere with it. I wonder, therefore, whether someone could help? I have installed the DisplayLink software on my laptop, and the service is running, but no systray icon appears; I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling three times, to no avail. My graphics card drivers are up to date; both laptop and iPad are on the same network (currently 192.168.0.112 and .113 respectively); I have turned off Windows firewall and the firewall on my router.

Nothing appears in the iPad application when I run it, but I suspect the problem is on the Windows (Vista) side, as, as previously mentioned, I have no systray icon. I tried the steps in article 311 to restore said icon, but this made no difference. The one thing I do now have, which I would rather not, is a thin grey horizontal line at the top left of my screen. It's not obtrusive (one pixel thick and probably about 100px long), but it shouldn't be there, and it wasn't there before.

Could somebody please, therefore, tell me what is wrong? I spent a long time reading other threads on this forum, and it seems to me that several people have noted equivocations in functionality (working one moment, then not the next); I haven't even got this far. I include the .zip file produced when I ran the support tool (less the memory.dmp file, which was about 92MB!), in case this is of any help.

Many thanks in advance for any light anyone is able to shed on my problem.

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip CHRISTOPHER_20110707_082101.zip (2.25 MB, 1 views)
Old 07-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
Wim

From the logs, you have downloaded the software from www.displaylink.com/downloads for our USB devices, rather than the ipad software at http://ipad.displaylink.com.

Install the iPad software from the iPad page, and you should be good to go.

Wim