Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2024, 11:12 AM   #1
arli

Question "Please allow your DisplayLink device to connect to this Mac." message

Hi everyone, recently I started seeing the info message below, and my devices regularly are no longer being detected. I need a lot of restarts.

"Please allow your DisplayLink device to connect to this Mac.
- After connecting accessory to this Mac via USB, a system prompt will appear. Please click "Allow" to ensure the device is working properly"

I never get any new pop-up, when I connect devices. Is anyone having this problem? I'm using Sonoma 14.4.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 13.03.23.jpg (19.4 KB, 0 views)
arli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:00 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arli View Post
Hi everyone, recently I started seeing the info message below, and my devices regularly are no longer being detected. I need a lot of restarts.

"Please allow your DisplayLink device to connect to this Mac.
- After connecting accessory to this Mac via USB, a system prompt will appear. Please click "Allow" to ensure the device is working properly"

I never get any new pop-up, when I connect devices. Is anyone having this problem? I'm using Sonoma 14.4.
The information message you highlighted in your screenshot is 'static'. It is there merely as information, it does not dynamically appear based on other events.

In other words, USB device approval status may not be playing a part in the behavior you describe.

If the original manufacturer of your DisplayLink-based product is not able to provide assistance, then you can report the issue directly to DisplayLink by following the process outlined here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 05:35 AM   #3
NotBernard65

I have exactly the same issue. I recently purchased a Minisopuru dock and having installed the DisplyLink software it worked.

However, after selecting an option from the tool bar (disconnect?) it no longer works and will not reconnected.

macOS Sonoma 14.4.1
NotBernard65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:02 PM   #4
alexkt

I have exactly the same issue.
I use GiGimundo LK10 docking station my MacBook Pro based on M1 CPU, Sonoma 14.4.1. Do you have any idea what could be the issue?
alexkt is offline   Reply With Quote