Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
John Jumper

Default Display on same WIFI not working

My iPad with DisplayLink and my laptop are both on the same network. However, this is internal to my company (a big one) and I have no control over the routers. I suspect that some of the auto detection features you use to detect PCs are disabled and I looked at the IPs and the first 3 numbers do not match. What do I do now? I see there is no way to enter an IP on the iPad of the PC I want to connect with directly. That would be a nice feature. Then if the three mechanisms you provide for finding the PC fail I can manually set the IP.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
Dav1d

Hmmm..... Interesting, I suggest that you update your iPad DisplayLink software, new release today, allows you to inter the IP address. Top right corner, "Add IP address"

If the first three sets of numbers are different, I suspect that it still will not work. Chances are you'll need to talk to someone in your IT department to get your iPad added to the same router as your notebook....

Good luck