Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-06-2015, 06:32 PM   #1
Carlo
Mac Team

Default 2.5 beta 2

Hi All,

We have released today version 2.5 Beta 2. This version fixes critical issues in the beta 1 and is recommended to all El Capitan users. More information in the release note.

We'd like to hear your feedback!

A reminder: if you have downloaded the Beta 1 please uninstall it and delete the installation image. If you had device issues after using the beta 1 please contact us at http://support.displaylink.com

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:27 AM   #2
Junto026

Default Fixed My Issues

Hey all,

In case it helps someone, I use two StarTech USB32DVIPRO modules through a USB Hub. After upgrading to El Capitan, both units worked but not when plugged in through a hub.

I uninstalled my 2.4 driver, installed the 2.5 Beta 2 driver, and all works perfectly, save for a small issue I'll post on a separate thread. : )
Junto026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:05 AM   #3
Superstar

Mine still doesn't work. I can pretty much confirm that your beta 1 software broke the device permanently.

Just to be sure that the issue is not with El Capitan, I have connected it to a Windows PC and yeah it doesn't work. Its not even detected.

Going to return it for RMA.

Please do a QC before releasing a software to public! Beta is not an excuse to not perform QC.
Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:59 AM   #4
saudor

PDF scrolling is a bit smoother and the app i use is less glitchy. It seems to allow me to select text without it all acting up. Best part of el cap is..there is no 1-2 second lag in Expose mode since the OS no longer blurs the background

I only use the DL display for displaying several PDF documents that hardly ever moves (aside from scrolling) so my use would be very light to begin with

EDIT: Background of the monitor connected to displayport still turns black when switching spaces. The actual displaylink monitor and the internal screen of the macbook still has its background. Also some windows when switching to a particular space become invisible (workaround is to enter expose again and everything comes back)

OS X 10.11.1 Beta 2

Last edited by saudor; 10-07-2015 at 10:27 AM.
saudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:04 AM   #5
Rymek

Intalled beta2, no difference than to beta 1 and to 2.4. Still bad beformance in whole system after connecting the external usb. Starting to think it's device itself not the driver.

I've sent you debug report via PM Carlo. Take a look.

Last edited by Rymek; 10-07-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Rymek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:07 PM   #6
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymek View Post
Intalled beta2, no difference than to beta 1 and to 2.4. Still bad beformance in whole system after connecting the external usb. Starting to think it's device itself not the driver.

I've sent you debug report via PM Carlo. Take a look.
Hi Rymek,

Thank you very useful logs. This is most likely a known issue or at least partly a known issue. Our internal defect ID is 18765, you can use this to look for the fix in the release notes or to contact us again.

The good news is that we finally have a good reproduction and are actively analysing this issue right now. It's a SW issue, it's not yet clear why only some systems show it but we should be able to resolve or work around it.
As usual I can't give you any dates though.

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:09 PM   #7
DaHof

Default Screen displays but can't move anything to it.

I can move my mouse onto the screen, see the proper background, see the menu but can't bring any app or file onto the screen.

Ben
DaHof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #8
paultzirides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
A reminder: if you have downloaded the Beta 1 please uninstall it and delete the installation image. If you had device issues after using the beta 1 please contact us at http://support.displaylink.com
Carlo, does that mean that we should uninstall Beta 1 before updating? I simply rain the new installer from the new disk image.

(EDIT: Changed quoted text selection to be more specific)
paultzirides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #9
ourzoo

Have you resolved the issue that damaged adapters? Just being honest here, but I'm scared to try this and fry my other adapter.
ourzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:29 AM   #10
MAC

I can confirm 2.5 beta 2 pretty much works fine now with El Capitan; no crashes or wake up from sleep problems yet. I was using 2.4, which I uninstalled before installing 2.5 beta 2.

On 2.5 beta 2, DisplayLinkManager is using between 2-6% of CPU, with 2 additional monitors plugged in; no heavy CPU usage noted in the last day.

Will report back if I find problems.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote