Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2015, 02:50 AM   #1
steveaggie

Default AOC e1659Fwu Driver won't install - Screen Blank

Lenovo W530, Windows 7, AOC e1659Fwu

I installed the latest displaylink drivers and plugged the monitor in. It says it can't find a driver for the device and puts it in the "other" section of Device Manager. Compatibility Check Tool says everything is OK. AOC displays on the monitor briefly when plugged in then it just goes black.

Anyone know how to solve this? I'm attaching the log files.

4/24/15 EDIT:

I tried plugging this into another PC after installing DisplayLink. It was able to find the drivers and install them. It seemed to install 3 drivers. 1 for the monitor and 2 for USB. After that the monitor would stay lit. It had some problems fully working, but it's a thin client so I wasn't holding my breath.

My laptop is a normal Windows 7 machine that I'm having the main problem on.

4/24/15 EDIT2:

I finally fixed it. Posting my solution hoping it helps someone else. I uninstalled all of the USB Hubs/Controllers in Device Manager. I also copied all of the files in C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software\AdapterDriver to C:\Windows\inf.

I rebooted the PC and let it find some things again. It couldn't find my Generic USB Hub (built in to the laptop) so I ended up copying all of the files from C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\usb .inf_amd64_neutral_42d7284868af1f40 to C:\Windows\inf and told Device Manager to scan for new hardware. It then found the Generic USB Hub and everything tied to it. It also found the monitor and installed the drivers when I plugged it back in.

Hooray!

Last edited by steveaggie; 04-24-2015 at 02:53 PM.
steveaggie is offline   Reply With Quote