Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
rachabot

Thumbs down Gig Ethernet and Mouse Issues

Not to beat a dead horse here, but I have the exact issues with this same Targus ACP70USZ docking station. The Ethernet never worked right (would never negotiate to Gig speed), and I may have been able to deal with that, but the mouse lagging was the biggest thing I could not deal with. Just moving the mouse across the screen would pause (for up to a second or more) then jump to where it was supposed to be. I have read many others having this issue. This dock was almost $200 (from DELL) and is attached to an XPS12 Ultrabook (Windows 8) Tablet/Notebook convertible. I have the latest DisplayLink Software (version 7.2M0), but nothing I tried made a difference. I have replaced it with a USB 3.0 HUB from Plugable (7-Port) and connected my external monitor with the MiniDP connection on the side of the XPS12. Everything works smoothly (mouse too). The Targus dock is apparently at fault here.
rachabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
zcr1208

Default Windows 8 Doesn't Recognize Driver

I am having a similar issue, my computer is not recognizing the drivers that were installed. Can someone help?
Attached Files
File Type: zip AZCORP_20130521_090940.zip (3.03 MB, 6 views)
zcr1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
zristic

Thumbs down

I spent significant amount of time with Targus TACP70US to make it work properly. I would like to share my findings with others and to help solving the issue.

The first device I got did not work with video output, so I got it replaced.
The second one worked perfectly out of the box, but only for two weeks.

All of a sudden the video output did not work anymore so did not the ethernet connection. I contacted Targus support, but it seems I was emailing a bot since I got only generic replies saying I needed to update the drivers.

Of course, the driver update did not work and it took me some time to realize that windows/driver update always automatically updates the driver to the newest version, no matter what I install. That rang the bell and I started the procedure to revert drivers backwards until I got the device back to work. However, I had to turn off automatic driver update in control panel.

The DisplayLink driver that got the thing working is almost one year old- the version that works now with me is 6.3M1, from August 2012.

Ethernet is working now, so is the video output, but only at some resolutions. Earlier I had it working on most of the resolutions offered, but now I can normally use only two, which is not a bummer anyway.

I hope this findings of mine help others.

I also wish I could invoice Targus/DisplayLink for the hours I spent in fixing the issue. It took me quite a lot of time indeed, but let it be...
zristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:19 AM   #4
Badidas

Default Asus Zenbook

I spent a significant amount of time on this as well and was able to get it to work so thought I would share. In my case, the LAN driver wasn't recognized at all. I have an Asus Zenbook running Windows 8. Here's what ended up resolving it for me:

1. Downloaded and installed the latest DisplayLink drivers
2. Opened Device Manager
3. Found that Targus Giga Ethernet was shown as a Unrecognized Device
4. Chose to update the driver. Specify a driver and pointed to C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software.

I found my audio driver was in the same state, but I haven't used that so it was not a big issue for me. The same steps fixed that also.
Badidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
HenkD

Default same with Dynadock

I had exactly the same issue. Ethernet driver wasn’t recognized, same for the audio.
I have an ASUS N56 notebook with Dynadock U3.0. I completed the 4 steps above. It worked for both the Ethernet and the audio driver
HenkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
jwiese

Default No love on Surface Pro for me

I am having the issue on a Surface Pro machine. Both Windows 8 and now Windows 8.1 (RTM) are showing the same signs. It shows as working "Limited Connection" (network glyph with a yellow exclamation on it). I see lights flickering on the back of the device but get no network. Attached is my diag output. Device manager shows all is good and that my drivers are up to date.
Attached Files
File Type: zip JWIESEPRO_20130913_141450.zip (542.7 KB, 1 views)
jwiese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:34 AM   #7
sky572789

Default Solution for Ethernet Connection not Detect

Device Manager > Select DisplayLink Network Connection (or similiar) > Right click to access to Properties > Advanced > Speed & Duplex > change to 100Mbps/1.0Gbps (depends on your connection cable/speed) from the default value "Auto".

This solve your problem!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DS3100.jpg (19.2 KB, 2 views)
sky572789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gigabit ethernet, targus, usb 3.0