Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 07-23-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
shawaj

Default Targus ACP70EU not working

Hi there,

I have just purchased a Targus ACP70EU

I plugged it in for the first time and it installed the drivers, with a little display link icon in the taskbar.

I then proceeded to plug in a display. The screen on my laptop flashed, and in the displays section of the control panel the display was showing, however no video signal was being fed to the external monitor. I checked in device manager and there was a USB display drivers section showing, as well as a USB hub and some other new things too.

I then rebooted both the PC and the device to see if that might fix the problem. It didn't. I checked again in device manager and the USB display drivers section is no longer showing and the displays section of control panel doesn't recognise the display being plugged in at all anymore.

This is with windows 8.1 fully updated and the 7.6 M2 display link software. Laptop is a dell inspiron 15 7000 series

I have tried everything I can think of... Uninstalling and Reinstalling multiple times, trying different versions of the software and nothing has worked.

I have tried with two different monitors and they both work fine when plugged in direct from the PC.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by shawaj; 07-23-2014 at 11:02 PM. Reason: add laptop details
shawaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:35 AM   #2
PCEng

Hey,

This is usually caused by out of date video drivers.

Update the Nvidia driver from here http://www.geforce.com/drivers and update you Intel video driver from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...ng&ProdId=3719.

Good luck
PCEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:31 AM   #3
JamesH

Hi,

As soon as the issue is seen please attach the output of this tool:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
Once downloaded, please run it and select "Gather Support Information"

When you reply please select "Manage Attachments" from the "Additional Options" section below.

From there select Upload and navigate to the output of the tool which will be in a folder called "DisplayLink Support Files" on your desktop.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #4
shawaj

Thanks PCEng...turns out I did not have any of the NVIDIA drivers installed as far as I can tell. Only the Intel drivers were installed.

Installed those, and updated the Displaylink software to version 7.6 M2 and it now seems to be working fine.

JamesH - I have uploaded the diagnostics files for you anyway, just in case, but it seems to be working ok now. Let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot
Attached Files
File Type: zip AARON-PC_20140725_215441.zip (1.46 MB, 0 views)
shawaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:09 PM   #5
matioz

Hi all!

I have similar problem. I bought this docking station and my computer detects it as superspeed usb hub.

Windows 8.1 Pro with latest drivers

I attached zip with logs received from DisplayLink Support Tool.

I hope you will help me.

Regards,
Mateusz
Attached Files
File Type: zip MATI_20170822_190035.zip (997.6 KB, 0 views)
matioz is offline   Reply With Quote