Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software

Old 11-21-2014, 05:30 PM   #21
meritage98

Default WU

I just ran WU and it found a new DisplayLink Driver (431E). Applied and still have the same issue. Nothing on other 3 monitors. Suggestions? Feels like I'm just missing a setting here.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #22
amnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
Hi amnon,

There should be a new build on WU that will resolve this issue for you. Thanks for testing, let us know of any more issues and also if it all now works wonderfully!

Thanks,
Paul
The build that I got on WU states it's not compatible (through a toast on the right top corner) and doesn't work.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:01 PM   #23
meritage98

Default it's working, sorta?

So out of frustration, I just started again from ground zero. I uninstalled all DL drivers, and ran the clean tool. Rebooted. Plugged beklkin USB into surface, you could here the USB engage in windows, but nothing happened. Rebooted. First thing I saw was a displaylink agreement to accept, and did. After that, all monitors returned to normal. This is without the alpha 2 drivers. Also applied the 431E driver from 11/21, and all monitors are responding. I am still having problems with Lync screen sharing and webex, but I would consider this fixed for now.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #24
amnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by meritage98 View Post
So out of frustration, I just started again from ground zero. I uninstalled all DL drivers, and ran the clean tool. Rebooted. Plugged beklkin USB into surface, you could here the USB engage in windows, but nothing happened. Rebooted. First thing I saw was a displaylink agreement to accept, and did. After that, all monitors returned to normal. This is without the alpha 2 drivers. Also applied the 431E driver from 11/21, and all monitors are responding. I am still having problems with Lync screen sharing and webex, but I would consider this fixed for now.
Is this the technical preview build or a Microsoft internal build?
Old 11-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #25
meritage98

tech preview, lastest cut.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:57 AM   #26
amnon

That's the reason it's not working for me, and I'm back to the original request - alleviate the version check so I can run this internally at Microsoft.
I'll be happy to give feedback if the driver didn't refuse to run...
Old 11-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #27
PaulJ

Hi amnon,

I'm sorry to hear it's not currently working for you. Could you please run our support tool and attach the resulting zip file in this thread? The tool is available here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=109 but it would be good if you could also enable the Advanced Logging option…
* Click Advanced Options
* Turn on Advanced DisplayLink Logging
* Click Advanced Options
* Click Gather Support Information

Thanks,
Paul
Old 11-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #28
GTiceman

Quote:
Hi tomr and GTIceman,

We would like to know more about the issues you are seeing.

Can you please run the Display Link Support Tool (available here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=109) using the Advanced Logging option…
* Click Advanced Options
* Click Advanced Options

Once you have a .zip file could you please reply in this thread and add the file as an attachment.

It would also be useful if you could please supply the precise model and make of the two monitors you are using and some details about how they are setup:Dell U2412M
Samsung SyncMaster 216BW
Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock

* Which dock output is each monitor connected to? Dell Monitor connected to top DVI
* Which input is used on each monitor (e.g. HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort) and also which one if there are multiple inputs for the same connector type? (e.g. HDMI-1, HDMI-2)Both DVI
* are any converters used (e.g. DVI->HDMI) – if so, please supply the make and model if possible.N/A

Also, could you tell us if the issue persists when…
* the PC is rebooted, Yes
* each cable is unplugged & replugged at the PC, dock and monitor?Either DVI removed, attached screen works, even if it did not previously. Swap cables and both connected only top connector works. Disconnect either and attached screen works regardless of connector location.

This should greatly aid our investigation of your issues and hopefully help us reach a solution.

Thanks,
Paul
Please find my answers above and my log attached.

Last edited by GTiceman; 11-25-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:54 PM   #29
amnon

Quote:
Hi amnon,

I'm sorry to hear it's not currently working for you. Could you please run our support tool and attach the resulting zip file in this thread? The tool is available here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=109 but it would be good if you could also enable the Advanced Logging option…
* Click Advanced Options
* Click Advanced Options

Thanks,
Paul
Thanks, here is the result.

Please remove the attachment from the post after you get the information from it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AMNONG_20141124_085238.zip (774.3 KB, 1518 views)

Last edited by amnon; 11-24-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:31 PM   #30
PaulJ

Hi amnon,

I've looked at your logs and you don't have our absolute latest software installed which is why you're seeing the install being blocked. The version you need is 7.8.58783.0 which I was expecting would be on Windows Update by now. Apologies fro the slightly misleading information, I will see if I can track the status of this release.

Thanks,
Paul