Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 05-08-2016, 03:17 PM   #1
sigpaw

Default AOC E1659FWU functionality on RasPi Jessie

Hello,

I am trying to get an AOC E1659FWU USB3 display to function with my Pi3.

I am currently running 4.4.x kernel (under an up-to-date Jessie image) with the DisplayLink drivers enabled as modules.

lsusb reveals that Raspbian is seeing my DisplayLink device, but the drivers aren't being loaded, and a second frame buffer device is not being created. Thus screen remains blank and sudo con2fbmap 1 1 returns a parameter error.

Someone has been able to get a previous AOC E1649FWU display to function (See https://imkiyoung.wordpress.com/2014...-raspberry-pi/).

Your UBUNTU driver includes source, which offers a glimmer of hope, however the accompanying libevdi and supporting binary application are pre-compiled for x64 and x86. Obviously I need ARM7 compiled binaries. *AGAIN* your Android distro offers additional hope since most of these devices are ARM based. However what I need is driver source along with ARM7 Raspbian compatible binaries of libevdi etc...

So how about a "Pi-Minded" driver release? I would be glad to help get things working initially... :-)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
'sig

Last edited by sigpaw; 05-10-2016 at 08:09 PM.
sigpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
sigpaw

Good morning,

Is there a path I could follow to become part of a development effort on this? Perhaps by signing a NDA to then gain access to a tool set for building a Raspian/ARM7 based libevdi and "friends"?

Given my limited knowledge about the contents of libevdi and associated binaries, I have to assume they probably deal with servicing the DRM stream included in your USB3 chipset(s). Given the highly sensitive nature of DRM internals, I am hoping something like an NDA might be sufficient... ?

Kind regards,
'sig
sigpaw is offline   Reply With Quote