Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
MirthRock

Default Windows 8 Remote Desktop Issue

I believe that the DisplayLink software is causing the Windows 8 Remote Desktop App (Metro Environment) from the Windows Store to stop working. It gets to the point where it prompts for a username and password and then says "An Authentication Error has occurred (Code: 0x800706BE)." It doesn't matter what I try to connect to with the app.

It works fine if you use the Remote Desktop Application in the desktop environment. I have rebuilt the laptop, verified that it worked, and then reinstalled the DisplayLink software and verified that it again stops working.

Anybody else have this issue or a workaround?
MirthRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
tjchan

I too am having this issue. You mentioned the workaround already..just use the desktop version.

Start -> Run
mstsc
tjchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:58 AM   #3
MirthRock

Ok, glad to see I'm not the only one. I was beginning to question my ability to troubleshoot. :-)

As much as I like using mstsc, I love the Metro App because of the ability to easily click between it and the desktop by using the top left corner. I do hope that DisplayLink will address this in the next patch.
MirthRock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote desktop, windows 8