Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Windows 8 Software

Old 03-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
dsimonas

Default windows 8 CP GUWAVKIT2

Hi,
I'm trying to install IOGEAR GUWAVKIT2 on windows 8 CP. USB dongle drivers installs perfect, but there is no displaylink usb video adapter in device manager, also there are no unknown devices. I have also installed displaylink beta 2 software, but that didn't change anything. Adding support tool info. Any help would be appreciated
Attached Files
File Type: zip MSTEST3_20120306_064721.zip (295.6 KB, 995 views)
Old 03-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

I think you may have the same problem as described in this thread http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1339 - I'd get in touch with IOGear to see what their plans are for Windows 8 support.

James
Old 03-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
dsimonas

Thanks for reply.
The link you provided describes problems with usb wireless device, but in my case I have problems with displaylink drivers. They doesn't install new video device...

P.S. Tried also Devolo Vianect (which is same device in my opinion) and same issues as with IOgear device.

Last edited by dsimonas; 03-08-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
JonD

The video device will not appear in device manager until the device has first been correctly recognised by Windows as a usb device. There is no evidence in the logs attached that the device has appeared as a usb device. DisplayLink devices when working correctly have (at least) two entries in device manager, one for the usb device and one graphics device.

The problems described in the thread linked to by JamesH are about IOGear USB drivers not working which is a prerequisite for our display drivers working.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
plus.ec

Default Guwavkit3

Hi, I have the same problem, the USB device is not recognized by windows. My product is Guwavkit3, please JamesH, JonD, Win, help us with this inconvenient, we would like you get it touch with IOGEAR team about this compatibility problem with Windows 8.
You are the only ones who can talk to IOGEAR Team for an beta upgrade as DisplayLink Certified for this products, I guess IOGEAR must be in the same update level as you.
We hope that these updates are available asap!.
We would really apreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

plus.ec