Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software

Old 11-25-2014, 09:51 PM   #31
GTiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
Hi tomr and GTIceman,

We would like to know more about the issues you are seeing.

Can you please run the Display Link Support Tool (available here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=109) using the Advanced Logging option…
* Click Advanced Options
* Turn on Advanced DisplayLink Logging
* Click Advanced Options
* Click Gather Support Information

Once you have a .zip file could you please reply in this thread and add the file as an attachment.

It would also be useful if you could please supply the precise model and make of the two monitors you are using and some details about how they are setup:Dell U2412M
Samsung SyncMaster 216BW
Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock

* Which dock output is each monitor connected to? Dell Monitor connected to bottom DVI
* Which input is used on each monitor (e.g. HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort) and also which one if there are multiple inputs for the same connector type? (e.g. HDMI-1, HDMI-2)Both DVI
* are any converters used (e.g. DVI->HDMI) – if so, please supply the make and model if possible.N/A

Also, could you tell us if the issue persists when…
* the PC is rebooted, Yes
* each cable is unplugged & replugged at the PC, dock and monitor?Black screen on both displays.

This should greatly aid our investigation of your issues and hopefully help us reach a solution.

Thanks,
Paul
Please find my answers above and my log attached. This is based on the newest software received from Windows Update today
Attached Files
File Type: zip SP3-W10-JEFF_20141125_174840.zip (3.21 MB, 1645 views)
Old 12-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #32
GTiceman

Quote:
Hi amnon,

I've looked at your logs and you don't have our absolute latest software installed which is why you're seeing the install being blocked. The version you need is 7.8.58783.0 which I was expecting would be on Windows Update by now. Apologies fro the slightly misleading information, I will see if I can track the status of this release.

Thanks,
Paul
Hi PaulJ can you please review my logs
Old 12-02-2014, 08:46 AM   #33
PaulJ

Hi GTiceman,

Sorry for not replying sooner. We believe the issue you are seeing is caused by a poorly connected video cable - probably where the cable connects to the DisplayLink dock. A feature was added in our 7.6 software to help detect VGA connected monitors and a side effect is DVI connections that were previously working may now stop. If after ensuring the cable is connected properly you still see this issue I believe it is possible a faulty cable may still cause the same issue so trying another may then resolve this.

If you could try this and let us know what happens that would be great.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 12-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #34
GTiceman

Quote:
Hi GTiceman,

Sorry for not replying sooner. We believe the issue you are seeing is caused by a poorly connected video cable - probably where the cable connects to the DisplayLink dock. A feature was added in our 7.6 software to help detect VGA connected monitors and a side effect is DVI connections that were previously working may now stop. If after ensuring the cable is connected properly you still see this issue I believe it is possible a faulty cable may still cause the same issue so trying another may then resolve this.

If you could try this and let us know what happens that would be great.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul,

Both these cables are confirmed working when connected to other systems. They are also tightly secured and screwed in fully. The cables are different manufacturers and I tested new ones in their place and have the same error. Screens are detected but no image presented. Thanks
Old 12-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #35
amnon

Smile It works now!

Yesterday my Surface Pro 3 picked up an update and it now works fine.
Thanks!
Old 12-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #36
mariusstrom

After getting the update to the Alpha software via WU just the other day, I'm also having the same problem others are: external monitors not displaying. The monitors do power up, and if I go the screen resolution control panel, I see the external displays. Often when I launch apps, they launch on the secondary monitors (that aren't displaying), so I have to perform some magic to get them on my one working laptop monitor.

Information requested is attached:

* Which dock output is each monitor connected to? Targus ACP71USZ
* Which input is used on each monitor: Pair of Samsung S27C650 monitors, one hooked up via an HDMI<->HDMI cable and one hooked up via a DVI<->HDMI cable (DVI on the Targus side, HDMI on the monitor side).
Also, could you tell us if the issue persists when…
* the PC is rebooted,
* each cable is unplugged & replugged at the PC, dock and monitor?
This problem repros after reboots, after uninstall of DP software/cleanup tool/reinstall, power cycling dock does not help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MARSTROMPRO_20141203_090358.zip (752.6 KB, 1499 views)
Old 12-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #37
PaulJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnon View Post
Yesterday my Surface Pro 3 picked up an update and it now works fine.
Thanks!
That's good to hear, thanks for letting us know!
Old 12-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #38
PaulJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiceman View Post
Paul,

Both these cables are confirmed working when connected to other systems. They are also tightly secured and screwed in fully. The cables are different manufacturers and I tested new ones in their place and have the same error. Screens are detected but no image presented. Thanks
OK, thanks for the updated information. We shall investigate further.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #39
mariusstrom

Any suggestions for the issue I'm running into, Paul?
Old 12-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #40
GTiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusstrom View Post
Any suggestions for the issue I'm running into, Paul?
Sounds like the same/similar issue so I am hoping they can help