Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > What to buy?

Old 01-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
ian goodall

Default Screen blinking

I have used a "Targus USB2.0 Docking Station with Video" for over a year - quite happily other than the "audio out" has never worked. I am running W7 32-bit with one external Dell monitor.

Anyway, about a week ago the monitor started to occasionally "blink" - video turned off for maybe a second, then back on. It would then repeat, randomly, every 5-20 seconds - to the point of having to turn it off and revert to my laptop screen.

It seems to happen only after some period of time - e.g. everything fine for 30-60 minutes (as it is now while I am trying to type this).

I have de-installed/re-installed with no change.

Any comments/ideas?
ian goodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
Dan
Banned

Does it does it do this even at a reduced resolution? Have you tried a different monitor? It sounds like something has degraded with age and when the system has warmed up, and now the monitor is occasionally failing to get vsync signals. You could try a different cable.

If it goes wrong with a different monitor and cable then I'm afraid your dock may have degraded.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian goodall View Post
I have used a "Targus USB2.0 Docking Station with Video" for over a year - quite happily other than the "audio out" has never worked. I am running W7 32-bit with one external Dell monitor.

Anyway, about a week ago the monitor started to occasionally "blink" - video turned off for maybe a second, then back on. It would then repeat, randomly, every 5-20 seconds - to the point of having to turn it off and revert to my laptop screen.

It seems to happen only after some period of time - e.g. everything fine for 30-60 minutes (as it is now while I am trying to type this).

I have de-installed/re-installed with no change.

Any comments/ideas?
This is my first post here, only yesterday I installed Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64 bit and since then my monitor screen has been continuously blinking every few seconds or so (its blinking while I am writing this). My computer's specs screenshot is already attached in this post, I am using a Dell CRT monitor at the highest refresh rate possible (85 Hertz) and native resolution (1024x768). I've got the latest Nvidia drivers installed (Version 275.33 Windows 7 64 bit WHQL), still the screen blinks. Also, altohugh the screen is blinking my programs such as playing songs, movies etc do not get interrupted. Could this be a problem with the monitor or a clash between windows 7 and onboard GPU (Geforce 6150)? The screen was also blinking when i Had not installed the latest nvidia drivers but it does not blink in safe mode, only in normal mode). The system temperature is also fine.

I am ready to provide any other details you want but plz do help me get this problem solved asap.
rafiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiq View Post
This is my first post here, only yesterday I installed Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64 bit and since then my monitor screen has been continuously blinking every few seconds or so (its blinking while I am writing this). My computer's specs screenshot is already attached in this post, I am using a Dell CRT monitor at the highest refresh rate possible (85 Hertz) and native resolution (1024x768). I've got the latest Nvidia drivers installed (Version 275.33 Windows 7 64 bit WHQL), still the screen blinks. Also, altohugh the screen is blinking my programs such as playing songs, movies etc do not get interrupted. Could this be a problem with the monitor or a clash between windows 7 and onboard GPU (Geforce 6150)? The screen was also blinking when i Had not installed the latest nvidia drivers but it does not blink in safe mode, only in normal mode). The system temperature is also fine.

I am ready to provide any other details you want but plz do help me get this problem solved asap.
Are you using a DisplayLink enabled device?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blinking turning on off