Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software

Old 04-24-2015, 10:15 PM   #1
NKYadav

Default Win 10 Enter prise Build 10061 pulled a new DL verson.

I was pushed onto Windows 10 build 10061 yesterday or the day before. Window Update showed a new DL to install, but on reboot, the only thing that got installed was Core.

Is there a link for the the new Alpha .ZIP so that I can update my DL Display driver as well? Or did that not change in this new driver pushed out?
Old 04-27-2015, 03:38 PM   #2
AndySaul

The latest DisplayLink software can be found here:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=376
Old 04-28-2015, 10:39 AM   #3
PaulJ

Hi NKYadav,

Due to the way our software is designed only the DisplayLink Core Software portion is updated via Windows Update. The other part, probably called DisplayLink Graphics, only gets updated if you download and install new software. This part is very thin and really only contains some device settings stored in the registry - we have customer specific packages that will contain device specific settings. The actually driver and application code is all contained in Core so having one version of Core and an older version of Graphics is expected and nothing to worry about. Also note, and this may be what you are actually seeing, if you only get software via Windows Update you will only have Core and no Graphics portion - this is also fine and should not affect the functionality of your device.

Thanks,
Paul