Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #41
Vald

Hi all,

I'm having the same kind of problem. I have a Samsung Series 5 with GeForce GT 630M and Intel HD Graphics 4000 (via Optimus) and a Toshiba DynaPort USB 3.0. The Intel drivers are the latest and I've tried the NVIDIA 296.87 (latest from Samsung), NVIDIA 314.07 and 314.22 drivers with identical results. I'm using the Displaylink 7.1M drivers (though the actual version reported in Windows is 7.0.41409.0 despite running the cleaner, etc.).

Any game I try running in full screen will crash without exception once Displaylink configures a monitor for the first time. If I completely uninstall the drivers and reinstall them, everything is fine unless I hook a monitor up to the station.

In other words, my Displaylink device is useless with monitors. My only option for dual screen (two 1920x1080 external monitors - the laptop display is not an option) is to hook the primary up to HDMI (I would do that anyway) but the second to - ugh - VGA... and it looks horrible.

Please guys, can we get this fixed? This is simply terrible and is only reinforcing my initial reservations about so-called universal docking stations.
Vald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #42
mainekarter2004

Indeed,, after two years of this working flawlessly, It no longer works for me.. Same as others.. sSurround is fine, plug in 7 inch monitor and all goes awry.. AND worse than that, I really have hepled alot of people buy this product and get it working in Iracing, and NOW i'm in trhe dark.. A dozen of us all are having the same issues.. It really is ridiculas..
mainekarter2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #43
mainekarter2004

Default SO any news here? Many people with this issue...

Seriusly? It has been a long time, and no repair.. Many I know have this issue. Nvidia control panel being killed when displaylink is on.. and sudden incompatibility to go to surround mode.. All USED to work fine.. And has been non functional for months. I am soon to toss the usb monitor.. And displaylink will be on my no go list for eternity!
Old 06-08-2013, 03:12 AM   #44
mainekarter2004

Default sTILL BROKEN...

Look.. Your drivers do not work. You blame it on Nvidia.. Fact is.. NVIDA all set up works fine.. Install displaylink,, LOSE SURROUND and Nvidia control panel access. It has been MONTHS and MONTHS, and no fix.. How complicated can it be? Or is it easier to lose customers and blame others? Please address this, I have four different SIMULATORS running and ALL OF them have this issue ..
Old 06-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #45
iansane

Default Been having this problem since about 4 versions back

Ok reading this forum I learned one thing. I thought the reason nvidia control panel didn't work was because displaylink takes over. I think it was version 6.1 that worked for me all except my nvidiacontrol panel would crash if I tried to open it. Since I don't do gaming or anything graphic intense I just disabled the startup of nvidia in msconfig and had no problems for a while. Well the one monitor hooked up to my sabrent usb is slow but that was it.

Then when I got a notification from displaylink that an update was available I updated and it killed my PC. I got a BSOD and had to use system repair to roll back to a restore point.

I've been trying with every new version since. Now I have nvidia GT 7900 v 307.83 along with displaylink 7.2m1 installed and it's the same problem as always. If i don't restart after install I see a popup message that this driver is not compatible with my graphics card, driver, or OS. If I restart it's the BSOD. This time I just uninstalled displaylink before restarting so everything is fine but I have no use of the third monitor.

Every time I have had aero enabled. This time is on a clean install of win 7 pro 64bit. The previous times were on win 7 pro 32bit.
iansane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:44 AM   #46
mainekarter2004

Default Could someone at least throw some info out?

Can anyone at DISPLAYLINK verify yet this is a PROBLEM, and that they are addressing it?
Old 06-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #47
Vald

I agree. These so-called universal docking stations are flaky enough as it is without the manufacturers of the key component making excuses for their own failures.
Vald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:18 AM   #48
mainekarter2004

Default Still no answer LOOK At the INCREDIBLE SUPPORT

I'm ashamed I wasted money on this product.. I used to love it .. Your drivers went WACKO.. I cannot just install old drivers, as they UPDATE beyond my control on install.. I have an USB pile of JUNK as far as i'm concerned.. Thanks for the superior customer service...
Old 07-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #49
TabSel

no nvidia control Panel when displaylink Monitor is enabled.

are you working on it?
TabSel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #50
TabSel

Hello?

Anyone out there?
TabSel is offline   Reply With Quote