Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2014, 08:35 PM   #1
Benjiiim

Unhappy Difficult to recognize my Targus ACP70EU

Hi,

I loved my Targus ACP70EU device, until it makes me loose between 5 and 20 minutes a day...

It is now very difficult to have Windows recognize the dock.
If I turn on the computer with the USB connected, I can be sure that the device won't be recognized (only USB working, external screens and network not working). Same thing if I plug the device while the computer is on.
To make it work, I need to unplug/plug the power. Sometime once is enough, sometime I need to do it 20+ times to have it work...

The issue occurred with Win 8.1 Update, Win 10 Build 9860, with the last 3 or 4 displaylink drivers (including the last alpha build).
In the meantime, I have no issue with the same laptop with my ACP71EU at work.

You can find the log attached.
Can you help?

Thanks a lot
Attached Files
File Type: zip BENJAT00_20141031_215937.zip (1,021.4 KB, 5 views)
Benjiiim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
Wim

This sounds like a hardware problem. Please contact Targus about this issue.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:17 AM   #3
docurmel

Angry Exact the same problems ...

I do have exactly the same problems as this guy ... with two different TARGUS ACP70EU ... so it seems that this could be a driver problem ...
Or could it be a problem with the firmware? Is there a tool to read out the firmware version? Or is there the possibilitiy for a downgrade of the firmware?
I get really mad about it ... sometimes it will work ... sometimes not ... a formely good part turns into a problem :-((

Last edited by docurmel; 11-05-2014 at 07:20 AM.
docurmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #4
Wim

If the device is not being recognised, it is most likely hardware. The fact the ACP71 works and the ACP70 doesn't also shows that this is less likely to be a driver problem and due to the ACP70.

I would suggest contacting Targus about this.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:21 AM   #5
TargusLevel3

Default Exchange the ACP70EU

Benjiiim,

I concur with Wim. Please contact your place of purchase or Targus UK for an exchange of the ACP70EU.
TargusLevel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:03 AM   #6
docurmel

Default Sorry to say ...

...but if my TWO different ACP70EU are not working (I bought them in July 2012 - they are for sure out of garanty) - it must be coinsidence that both of them are fail at the same time ... ;-)

Also they have exact the same Problem as the ACP71 ... they are recognized ... but only from time to time and only if I disconnect, reconnect, disconnect, reconnect, ..., them ...

So how to proof if they are damaged ...? Or does TARGUS check them both for free and - if they are damaged - change them for free? :-)
Old 11-09-2014, 06:20 AM   #7
docurmel

Hello? Any answers?

Again: works (wonder!) fine for antother time > take the Laptop to my office with a normal HDMI Monitor plugged in > came back to home office with the TARGUS Dock plugged in > doesn't work :-(

So sometimes it will work, sometimes not ... doesn't seem to be a hardware problem ... seems more like a "recognize" problem ...

Any solutions? Or does TARGUS change my two docks for free, as both are not working? ;-)

Hope to get an answer soon ... also because I do miss the beauty of a 1+2 Monitor surrounding ... also as it worked for more than 1 year!
Old 11-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #8
Benjiiim

Thanks Wim, Thanks TargusLevel3.
Benjiiim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
docurmel

Default Problem solved ...

Bought a Displaylink Plugable and it worked ... so both (= two!) Targus ACP70EU are damaged after only 2 Years ... allways the best to buy the Original ...
Old 01-11-2015, 12:51 AM   #10
jfinnigan

Wow.. having problems with the Targus acp71usz I just bought. Sounds like these are very unreliable units (and Targus Docks in general). Very disappointing. Any reports on how well the Plugable UD-3900 is working? I'm thinking of possibly getting one but the fact that these things (espcially Targus versions) seems to have constant problems even when working and a very high failure rate have me scared to try an Puggable Dock.
jfinnigan is offline   Reply With Quote