Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
roguevoice

Default Constant Monitor Blanking and Resets after 7.0 Driver update

I am using 3-4 DisplayLink Adapters at home and at work. After updating to your latest 7.0 software drivers, my displays are constantly blanking out, refreshing and/or resetting.

is there a beta I can use.

Config:

Windows 7 64 Bit
Various Display Link Adapters
Various Resolutions

Most of the Adaptors are connected to the Lenovo T520
Docking Station.

This has never occurred since recently. Have been using your adaptors in this configuration for years now.
roguevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Wim

Can you post the logs with v7.0 please?

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
roguevoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Can you post the logs with v7.0 please?

Thanks

Wim
Downloaded tool and enabled logging after I ran other diagnostics which created a zip file. I have uploaded the current zip file.

Where can I find the log when the symptoms occur again? Do I have to run tool again with logging enabled and upload the zip again?

Thanks for your quick support and response.

I have also been getting out of memory errors since 7.0 driver update. My laptop has 8 Gigs of ram and shares a small portion with the intel video chipset. It is a Lenovo T520 with an Intel i5 core.

BTW, does Flash in anyway causes problems with Displaylink. The latest update basically through this problem into overdrive. I had intermitent problems before using Chrome in the past week with screen freezes and occasional displaylink display refresh/blank outs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip XENT520_20121012_094736.zip (1.57 MB, 1 views)

Last edited by roguevoice; 10-12-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
roguevoice

It appears to definitely be your new 7.0 drivers. The irony is, most that is stated to be fixed in this new driver seems to be exacerbated including memory leaks with warnings, display video corruption, screen flashing/disconnects and more.

When I switch back to 6.3XX, all problems seem to go away except for abnormal CPU usage on video playback.

I left my logs above and have not received any feedback. I am a long time DisplayLink user with 6+ various adapters and also an avid evangelist of your technology.

Please don't let me down.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
Wim

I've had a look at the logs, but they look like they were taken with 6.3 installed.

I suspect with so many adapters connected, it's pushing the boundaries and might be finding issues.

Could you:

Go through the pain of installing v7.0
Enable advanced logging with the debug tool
Reproduce the issues
Gather the logs and post again.

There are a lot of dmp files from Windows blue screening. These look old and can be removed from the zip file to make it smaller.

Can you tell me how you are seeing memory leaks, so we can reproduce?

Once I have this I can raise a bug(s).

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
roguevoice

Thanks, will install again. I use Chrome a lot to do extensive research, so I usually a have a lot of tabs open. I also usually have some video - Netflix or something else running in one of the DisplayLink enabled monitors.

When 7.0 was installed, even when I would only have 24 tabs open, sites images or the entire page would become distorted or occasionally the monitor would change resolution to an extremely low setting, temporarily.

The most obvious sign was Windows, for the first time on this new laptop would indicate "Please Close Applications to Prevent Data Loss" or something like that.

Will install drivers and enable logging. Will also take screen shots of anomalies and errors as they occur.