Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.5 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
Patrick

Default 1.5b1 not working - we know

The current 1.5b1 build is broken - we know ;-(

Seems that the build we released is not working at all. It does somewhat work when you installed the old driver. But for some unknown reasons some files did not make it through to the installation image.

64 bit compatibility is not in this or the next build.
10.5 (and actually 10.4) should still work.

I'm fixing the build process right now and try to get out a new build ASAP.

Sorry for the inconvenience - Patrick aka Jolly

Last edited by Patrick; 08-18-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
Admin
Administrator/Beta Program Coordinator

All,

A new driver has now been posted that resolves this installer issue. You can download it from here.

Once again apologies for any inconvenience caused by yesterdays beta release.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
raminf

Default Success with new release

I'll skip to the end: Success!

Running the b2 driver on Leopard 10A432 in 32-bit mode on a 17" MacBook Pro.

However, the installer did put up a messagebox at the end saying something like DisplayLink.kext failed to install properly and to contact the vendor or try re-installing. I'm paraphrasing from memory. I hit 'OK' but then it only gave me the option to restart the system. I did and then the display worked.

Checking the console, I'm still getting these messages:

8/18/09 9:21:15 AM kernel USBF: 835.251 [0x6157f00] The IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device.
8/18/09 9:21:16 AM kernel USBF: 836. 80 [0x6157f00] The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. It will keep retrying. (Port 2 of hub @ location: 0xfd830000)

I don't remember getting them before installing b1. I might just go ahead and reinstall Snow Leopard from the latest disk to see if it goes away.

Also, there still seems to be the problem where DisplayLink prevents the system from recognizing the boot disk and hangs, so you have to keep the cable out, wait until you get the spinner on the gray boot screen, then plug it all back in. A bit annoying because you have to unplug each time you restart the system and if you're doing development, that happens a lot.

All-in-all, however, I'm a happy camper. Missed not having the use of that monitor for the last few months.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
Patrick

Good to hear that it works for you. I've seen the interruption on installation and urge you to reinstall the driver.
It seems that SnowLeopard is quite quick in finding new things in the Extensions directory and that creates that message.
I have to see if we can workaround that Installer issue.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #5
Admin
Administrator/Beta Program Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by raminf View Post
Also, there still seems to be the problem where DisplayLink prevents the system from recognizing the boot disk and hangs, so you have to keep the cable out, wait until you get the spinner on the gray boot screen, then plug it all back in. A bit annoying because you have to unplug each time you restart the system and if you're doing development, that happens a lot.
Agreed this is an annoyance, which we would like to aim to resolve. We shall investigate this issue further. If we require more details we shall contact you, thanks for raising this.