Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.4 Software Release

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
IsLNdbOi

Default Always getting message at Windows startup: "New Display Found: DoubleSight"

Today, I created a custom task in the task scheduler to launch the Windows 7 sidebar.exe after startup with a delay of 1 minute. I did this because when the sidebar launched immediately at startup, the gadgets would be littered around my main monitor because the Doublesight USB monitor does not start instantly like my main monitor, so when sidebar.exe launches instantly, the last place the gadgets were at (the Doublesight) is nowhere to be found, making the gadgets appear everywhere else.

The delay allows the Doublesight USB monitor to be started up BEFORE the sidebar / gadgets are launched, allowing the sidebar to find the last place the gadgets were positioned.

When I created this custom task though, I started getting a message from the Displaylink tray icon, "New Display Found: DoubleSight" at every startup.

Why is this now happening?

Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 09-04-2010 at 07:39 PM.