Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #11
forza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcohn25 View Post
I REALLY wish there would be some kind of response to this problem? The radio silence is very very unprofessional. I think we are all just looking for 'Acknowledged and we are actively working on a fix'
The response from Carlo (#6 on previous page) is just that isn't it?
forza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #12
paulgee31

I'm suffering from flickering in Safari and in Firefox there is an offset which means mouse clicks have to be offset.

We really need a fix quickly.
paulgee31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #13
andynormancx

I've also run into this problem, blank login screen 50% of the time and Finder/Skype crashing.

Oddly for the first day or so of using Mountain Lion I only had the login problem, then the Finder and Skype crashes started.

You don't need to click randomly on the login screen, you can use the down arrow to move down the the list of users, then use the left/right arrows to select the user (if you have more than one user), then hit enter and type your password, then enter again.

For the moment though I've had to remove the driver, the Finder and Skype crashes are a showstopper. Time to tell all my DisplayLink using friends not to upgrade to ML yet
andynormancx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #14
MickM

I haven't seen any of the login screen problems yet, but boy am I seeing screen flicker under mountain lion. It's possible that me not seeing login screen problems is because my main screen (the one anointed to have the menubar) is not a displaylink controlled screen. In addition to the screen flicker, whenever I invoke mission control the little window containing the image of the DisplayLink monitor is just messed up. In case it matters, I'm running 10.8.1 on a retina 15" MacBook Pro. I'm really looking forward to the next update for DisplayLink - I check every day for it!
MickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #15
Stephen

I'm starting to get just as frustrated as everyone else, I was just lurking in these threads because the problems I have been seeing other people have been seeing.

However I now have to add another voice to the chorus.

I use a DisplayLink adapter to drive a monitor while I am at work, outside of work I do not use a DisplayLink Adapter and I do not have any issues. At work, I have flickering content inside of browsers, I never see the box to enter my password when my screen saver activates, thankfully I've just been able to type blindly. Also I get the occasional kernel panic.

I'm at the point where I will not be able to recommend any DisplayLink product to anyone.

Last edited by Stephen; 09-04-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Fixed wording
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #16
MickM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I use a DisplayLink adapter to drive a monitor while I am at work, outside of work I do not have any issues.
Are you implying that outside of work you use a DisplayLink adapter and mountain lion and you do not have any issues?
MickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #17
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickM View Post
Are you implying that outside of work you use a DisplayLink adapter and mountain lion and you do not have any issues?
I fixed the wording in my post to make it a bit clearer. I do not use a DisplayLink Adapter when not at work.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #18
stevedave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I fixed the wording in my post to make it a bit clearer. I do not use a DisplayLink Adapter when not at work.
I'm in the same boat as Stephen... frustrated and yeah.. kind of need my second monitor to work since this is for work. I may just have to save up for a thunderbolt display from apple to "resolve" my issue.
stevedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #19
unusedusername

I've found as a work around to this that if you enable disk encryption (Preferences->Security & Privacy->FileVault) that the normal login screen is replaced with one that does not get broken when DisplayLink is installed.

Just in case anyone is looking for a better solution then leaving the computer unlocked all the time.
unusedusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #20
stevedave

Thats good to know and now I know why I never had this login issue everybody talked about. Full disk encryption is always on my stuff. Just have the lower resolution and graphical corruption on the secondary monitor in my cause.
stevedave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
login screen, mountain lion