Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2010, 02:53 AM   #31
joshmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synomenon View Post
Why would an AMD / ATI employee come in here to start trouble? Doesn't make sense at all. Now if this were a NVIDIA related forum I could see that happening, but not here. DisplayLink isn't a direct competitor to AMD or NVIDIA.
wow, super sorry i posted my thoughts... i wont make that mistake again here. But to answer your rhetorical: Ive seen AMD post similar things on their own forums. Basically a "no problems with our drivers, everything works fine, must be you", only to have a fix show up 3 - 6 months later. It would be easy to see them doing so here, leaving the issues up to "user error". Regardless, I understand this is all non issue for you with your obvious technical expertise, what with being able to run catalyst 10.9 with an nvidia card, but for the rest of us non programmer types, it is kind of annoying to no be able to use a piece of hardware.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:19 AM   #32
IsLNdbOi

Edit:
Sorry, thought you were talking to me.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #33
Wim

Hi All

OK - I'll try and explain where we are with this issue.

We have reproduced the BSOD with 10.8 CCC and will have a fix in our release of v5.5, which should be around the end of the month.

We've not found any problems on 10.9 yet, but this could only occur on certain setups. Please note, that we do not support ATI Crossfire configurations today so problems could be found if you're using crossfire and move to v10.9.

Can anyone report problems with v10.9 and not using Crossfire configurations? If so and you post your system details.

Thanks

Wim
Old 09-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #34
Synomenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmel View Post
wow, super sorry i posted my thoughts... i wont make that mistake again here. But to answer your rhetorical: Ive seen AMD post similar things on their own forums. Basically a "no problems with our drivers, everything works fine, must be you", only to have a fix show up 3 - 6 months later. It would be easy to see them doing so here, leaving the issues up to "user error". Regardless, I understand this is all non issue for you with your obvious technical expertise, what with being able to run catalyst 10.9 with an nvidia card, but for the rest of us non programmer types, it is kind of annoying to no be able to use a piece of hardware.
Funny. I don't recall saying that I'm using a NVIDIA card with Catalyst 10.9. I'm glad you recognize my technical expertise though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi All

OK - I'll try and explain where we are with this issue.

We have reproduced the BSOD with 10.8 CCC and will have a fix in our release of v5.5, which should be around the end of the month.

We've not found any problems on 10.9 yet, but this could only occur on certain setups. Please note, that we do not support ATI Crossfire configurations today so problems could be found if you're using crossfire and move to v10.9.

Can anyone report problems with v10.9 and not using Crossfire configurations? If so and you post your system details.

Thanks

Wim
Thanks for posting about this Wim. I'm glad DisplayLink's experience with Catalyst 10.9 and DisplayLink 5.5 beta support what I've been posting about here.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:45 AM   #35
MooRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post

Wim
I can confirm that ATI Catalyst 10.9 with DisplayLink 5.5b causes BSOD using a single GPU.

System details:
EVGA X58 FTW3
Intel Core i7 950
3x Corsair DDR3-1600
VisionTek HD5870
Dell 2408WFP
Crucial C300 256GB SSD

Rolling back to ATI 10.7 works with DisplayLink, but of course that is unacceptable in the long-term. Anything you can do to address this would be much appreciated!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #36
cromlech

Thumbs down

Hi!

I can confirm that Displaylink 5.5 is not working with neither Catalyst 10.8 nor 10.9. Get a BSOD right after installation.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #37
IsLNdbOi

It's working fine for at least 3 here: Synomenon, DisplayLink's team and me.

It would help if everyone reporting their experience would list their system:

- CPU:
- Motherboard / chipset:
- RAM:
- Hard Drive(s):
- Video Card(s):
- Miscellaneous Peripherals (webcams, TV Tuner cards, I/O cards, etc.)
- OS / OS version / Service Packs / whether all available updates are installed
- Drivers and software for all peripherals connected to the system
Old 09-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #38
roncli

Not working here.

If I uninstall the DisplayLink drivers and then try to connect the MIMO, it blue screens but then boots up okay, but the monitor is not recognized as a monitor despite all the drivers showing installed and the DisplayLinkManager service running.

If I try to connect the MIMO in safe mode, it successfully installs the DisplayLink drivers, but upon reboot it will blue screen until I go into safe mode and uninstall the DisplayLink drivers again.

- CPU: Pentium D 3.4GHz
- Motherboard / chipset: Gigabyte 965P-DS3 (chipset is Intel P965)
- RAM: 4 GB
- Hard Drive(s): 160GB 7200rpm main, 80GB SSD secondary, and 250GB USB external
- Video Card(s): ATI HD 5870 1GB RAM
- Miscellaneous Peripherals (webcams, TV Tuner cards, I/O cards, etc.): n/a!
- OS / OS version / Service Packs / whether all available updates are installed: Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Updates is empty.
- Drivers and software for all peripherals connected to the system: 10.9 CCC and 5.5b DisplayLink. Monitor is the Mimo 710S.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:00 AM   #39
IsLNdbOi

Try this. Once Windows BSODs and reboots, choose safe mode.

Once booted up in safe mode open a run dialog (Win+R) and type:

services.msc

Once the services window is open, look for:

DisplayLinkManager

Double click on "DisplayLinkManager" and in the window that opens, stop the service if it is running. Then set the startup type to "Disabled". Press "Apply", then "Ok" then close the services window and reboot.

Let Windows start up normally and once everything is up and running, go back into the services window and change DisplayLinkManager's startup type back to "Automatic" and start the service by hitting the "Start" button.

Also, what do you mean when you say windows update is "empty"? Open up windows update and click on the "Check for updates" link on the to left side of the window. It may be that you have all available updates installed already.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #40
cmaterick

I went ahead and tried your process since I'm having the same problem. Doesn't seem to resolve the issue. I just get an "incompatible" message pop-up whenever I start the service when not in safe mode. I'm running 5.5b and CCC 10.9 on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 build I just did yesterday.

- CPU:
- Motherboard / chipset: Asus Rampage III Gene, x58
- RAM: 6GB DDR3 1066MHz
- Hard Drive(s): WD Raptor 600GB
- Video Card(s): 1 x XFX Radeon HD5970 Black Edition
- Miscellaneous Peripherals: Logitech mouse and keyboard, Canon printer (MP 990), Creative WoW wireless headphones