Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > iPad Application
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2011, 03:40 AM   #1
direstraits

Default Firewall Settings for DisplayLink

I've just installed DisplayLink on both my iPad and my Vista Business SP2 (32-bit) notebook, but the iPad cannot seem to see my notebook, despite explicitly entering the IP address of my notebook on the iPad app.

Due to my corporate group profile settings, the Windows Firewall must always be running, so I cannot disable it to try to see if it works.

I was wondering if you could tell me what the Windows Firewall settings I must configure to allow DisplayLink to work. I've already added DisplayLinkIpadSoftware (DisplayLinkManager.exe), DisplayLinkUI.exe and DisplayLinkUserAgent.exe to the exceptions list, but still no cigar.

I have also uninstalled, reinstalled software on both notebook and iPad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #2
direstraits

~~~~~~~~~~
*bump*
Old 07-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
Wim

There is now an FAQ on this:

http://kb.displaylink.com/313

Wim
Old 10-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
syper

Default Corporation policies / Firewall / Network Discovery

Hi,

I have company group policies, and therefore I cannot use the Displaylink as it is... (On computers outside of that domain/group is working )

I find no computer on the Ipad and, even when IP is added manually, if find nothing...

I have allowed 4 display link in the firewall for Domain, Public and private access for both Inbound and outbound access.

I can't change the network profile (with group policy is either domain or public...)

I have noticed that I cant start the network discovery service (SSDP Discovery)... I have administrator privileges, but it seems that it does not go above the group policies...)

Any suggestions are very well welcome