Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #51
codefingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjimenez View Post
I had had done everything mentioned in this post. These steps work for me. I have again my two displaylink managed monitors (no rotation). This helps for the moment.

thanks

thanks
Strangely, it doesn't work for me at all. It makes no difference. Even after the safe-boot workaround steps, my non-DL displays go blue as soon as I plug in the DL.
codefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #52
camgas

I had 10.7.2 and all worked great, and as reported here with update to 10.7.3 I only see a blue screen on my main display and flicker on the DisplayLink display. I did the trick proposed (safe mode) and all works fine but with no rotation! It's a bumper for me. I hope we will get an update to support rotation soon.
camgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #53
mwp

Angry Fail; 15 workstations with 3rd monitor.

All 15 of our developer workstations; iMac 27", with Apple Cinema Display (MiniDisplayPort), and Dell 21" 2007FP Monitors in Portrait/Rotated (ioGear Adapter with DisplayLink 1.7 Driver) are having the same issue.

After upgrading to 10.7.3 (Combined), the machines booted to blue screens. Our solution was to boot into Safe Mode (power on while holding shift key), then uninstall the DisplayLink 1.7 Driver. Then, on reboot, the iMacs and the Apple Cinema Display started properly; without the Dell monitors. Afterwards, we reinstalled the DisplayLink 1.7 Driver, which reset the Dell monitors back to standard landscape mode.

Unfortunately, we need the portrait/rotated modes to work properly. So while we're now able to boot the machines properly, until the DisplayLink Driver is fixed to address rotation, we're leaving them turned off.

Last edited by mwp; 02-07-2012 at 12:06 AM.
mwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #54
katlemons

I was thinking about that too (connecting without using the hengedock). Unfortunately I'll have to wait 'till I go to work tomorrow.

I don't think it will make a difference, since all the dock does is hold the cables in place, but your still use the same USB cables etc to connect. But you're right... it's worth a try.

Still a little jealous of the people who have gotten theirs to work at least temporarily. Are any of you using a USB adapter and trying to use it as the main display (with the macbook closed)??

Thanks!
katlemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #55
rjimenez

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlemons View Post
I was thinking about that too (connecting without using the hengedock). Unfortunately I'll have to wait 'till I go to work tomorrow.

I don't think it will make a difference, since all the dock does is hold the cables in place, but your still use the same USB cables etc to connect. But you're right... it's worth a try.

Still a little jealous of the people who have gotten theirs to work at least temporarily. Are any of you using a USB adapter and trying to use it as the main display (with the macbook closed)??

Thanks!
Yes, I use hengedock too, two DisplayLink monitors and one directly to the mini display port of the mac book pro (early 2011), the one connected to the mac minidisplay rotated.

First, I follow the step (1..5) connecting directly, i.e without the hengedock, step 6 should be installing the diplaylink driver, 7 reboot.

After that I put it into the hengedock, no problem.

I'm happy I have my three monitors back, but yes is not what I need (I need rotation capabilities)
rjimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #56
katlemons

Default Thanks for your help

Thanks for your help. I'm going to try those steps.

One question. Did you "uninstall" your current displayLink driver? If so, when? Before booting into Safe Mode or after?

THANKS!
Kat
Old 02-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #57
katlemons

Default A little progress

Thanks rjimenez.

That almost worked! I now can get my USB display to work connected directly to the macbook with my macbook open but when I close it and put it in the dock I get "no signal" again.

Not sure if thats a hengedock thing, since I'm just connecting to a USB adapter that is screwed into the dock. It's just weird that I got it to work last week and this week (after the update) it's not.

Kat
Old 02-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #58
AppleMacGenius

Default ETA on a Beta to fix the issue???

Wanted to see if DisplayLink has a ETA on when we can expect a patch/fix?
AppleMacGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #59
rjimenez

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlemons View Post
Thanks for your help. I'm going to try those steps.

One question. Did you "uninstall" your current displayLink driver? If so, when? Before booting into Safe Mode or after?

THANKS!
Kat
Yes I uninstall the driver (step 0)
rjimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #60
mwp

Default Deprecated...

I recall reading in this thread.. someone mentioning that options for rotated portrait orientation in display preferences was deprecated by Apple. This is incorrect.

Rotation of screen orientation has not been deprecated and removed from OS X Lion 10.7.3. For instance, if you took a monitor (Dell 2007FP) and attached it via DVI>MiniDisplayPort Converter, the options for rotation are available and operate perfectly well.
mwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.7, 10.7.3, bvu195, diamond, lion