Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
Moz

Default DisplayLink caused problems with VirtualBox 4.3.14

When trying to start a machine in VirtualBox 4.3.14 I was getting the error "Error In supR3HardenedWinReSpawn". See the link below for a better explanation:

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=62615

I read the "...software that does DLL injection..." bit, realised I had recently installed DisplayLink drivers and so uninstalled them. The result being VirtualBox now runs without the error.

I don't recall which DL drivers version I was using but I installed it within the last month or so.

I presume this is an Oracle/VirtualBox issue but I thought I would make reference to it on this forum as the interaction with DL drivers was seemingly the issue.
Moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
Wim

I suspect this is a virtual box error. We know we don't work (or at least we don't support) our drivers running within VMs, so you should not pass over the DisplayLink USB drivers to the VM, but it should be possible to run virtual box instances with our software installed... Infact we do this a lot within DisplayLink, so I know it does work.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
Moz

Hi Wim

I wasn't trying to use the drivers within the VM, I got the error just when trying to start the machine. VirtualBox 4.3.14 was release 15/7/14, have you tried that version also? Anyway, it's no big deal. I was only using DL drivers to run an Osprey

Cheers, Moz
Moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #4
Neil.Y

Hi, I'm happily using 4.3.15 r95286 with the latest released Displaylink drivers. I also observed the issue with 4.3.14 but the test build from oracle resolved this, and it looks like a problem with anti-virus packages rather than DisplayLink.
Neil.Y is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
virtualbox