Thread: Screen blinking
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian goodall View Post
I have used a "Targus USB2.0 Docking Station with Video" for over a year - quite happily other than the "audio out" has never worked. I am running W7 32-bit with one external Dell monitor.

Anyway, about a week ago the monitor started to occasionally "blink" - video turned off for maybe a second, then back on. It would then repeat, randomly, every 5-20 seconds - to the point of having to turn it off and revert to my laptop screen.

It seems to happen only after some period of time - e.g. everything fine for 30-60 minutes (as it is now while I am trying to type this).

I have de-installed/re-installed with no change.

Any comments/ideas?
This is my first post here, only yesterday I installed Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64 bit and since then my monitor screen has been continuously blinking every few seconds or so (its blinking while I am writing this). My computer's specs screenshot is already attached in this post, I am using a Dell CRT monitor at the highest refresh rate possible (85 Hertz) and native resolution (1024x768). I've got the latest Nvidia drivers installed (Version 275.33 Windows 7 64 bit WHQL), still the screen blinks. Also, altohugh the screen is blinking my programs such as playing songs, movies etc do not get interrupted. Could this be a problem with the monitor or a clash between windows 7 and onboard GPU (Geforce 6150)? The screen was also blinking when i Had not installed the latest nvidia drivers but it does not blink in safe mode, only in normal mode). The system temperature is also fine.

I am ready to provide any other details you want but plz do help me get this problem solved asap.
rafiq is offline   Reply With Quote