View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 09:44 AM   #170
typhoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackan View Post
Hi,
I just registered since I've ordered an ASUS MB168B+ monitor. I was looking forward to use the monitor with my computer, but since I'm using Ubuntu (14.04) at least half of the time I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Still no news regarding Linux/Ubuntu support, even if there's been talk about driver development from 2012 in this thread?

Also, has anyone noticed there's an Android DisplayLink app ("DisplayLink Desktop", not sure if I'm allowed to post URLs)? When I have the monitor and get hold of an Android 5.x device I'll probably try it...
Hi,

I'm not able to use my own Asus MB168B+ with any linux (I tried both ubuntu and arch).

I quickly tested the Android DisplayLink app with a Galaxy S4 running CyanogenMod 12.1 nightly.
Although the DisplayLink driver seems to detect the monitor when plugged, it doesn't appear in the casting tile (And yes, I had another power source for the screen and casting to a miracast or chromecast dongle usually works).

So if you expect to use the MB168B+ with windows (or maybe OSX?), it's a great product (that's my case for my work).
But if you hope to use it with linux, it's just a piece of crap and you should definitively return it and try to find an other solution!

Regards.