View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #52
mikus

Agreed this is disappointing as well. I only use linux, and trying to find a decent solution that doesn't have refresh issues under linux would be quite welcome. I know other users that require the same support for theirs as well professionally, but the 3.0 adapters remain unsupported.

At some point the hardware manufacturers have to look at the usefulness of the hdcp protection and admit it's thus been defeated in any number of ways to even bother with media company demands. Linux has no drm, or mostly goes against its nature to do so, but will you simply shun an entire market of even server potential?

It'd be huge to have a seamless video solution for linux over usb for desktop or even server room use for crash-cart ability. Auto-spawn x on a new display for repair ability ala vesa if needed.

I drive 6 displays seamlessly with an ati card now at home, but work is a problem with a corporate laptop that supports only 2. Two displays is a... hindrance. I'd love to use the 3.0 usb bus to add a few displays using linux there too.

It *is* 2013, and people do use linux every day now. Please implement a support team for it already. Certainly there would be eager developers available to help both community and paid services.