View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 04:55 AM   #7
Saturn2888

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnaron View Post
I have 6 monitors hooked up to my windows 8.1 system. I am hooking up a 7th via evga uv39+. When windows turns my monitors off (power saving turn monitors off after xx min) 2 of my display port monitors turn back on but remain blank and will not display anything (just remains black). The evga uv39+ monitor wakes up and displays properly. My primary monitor (display port) works fine. I have tried 7.7 and 7.6 versions of displaylink and using the cleaner tool. If I uninstall displaylink software my monitors wake up fine. This is definitely related to the displaylink software/driver.

I am running i7 4770K, win 8.1 64 bit, radeon r9 280x asus video card.

Monitors are:
3x benq bl2411 on display port
1x display port to hdmi to tv
1x dvi to hdmi tv
1x dvi to hdmi tv

The monitors that stay blank are the 2 benq bl2411pt on display port that are not the primary monitor which is benq bl2411pt on display port.

Using latest amd video drivers.

Anyone see this before?

I did run the debug tool but am hesitant to post the results publicly as I have not checked if there is any private information in the results.

Video showing the issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57j0SoJMcGs

video showing no issue with displaylink unplugged and drivers uninstalled
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLWCY3f83E
I have the exact same system specs as you from what it looks like (Z87 mobo) and after Catalyst 14.4, I was experiencing the exact same issue.

At the time, my system was running a 3 monitors + 2 DisplayLink. I haven't tested it recently, but in testing, I had it down to a single DVI connection and a single DisplayLink display and had the same issue.

I worked around it by uninstalling the DisplayLink drivers and unplugging my DisplayLink monitors :/. No much of a solution, but it stopped the problems and allows newer games to be played. For a very long time I kept using the 14.4 drivers but those drivers have issues in various games. I ended up buying another monitor to compensate the loss of my two DisplayLink monitors until this is fixed.

I've emailed AMD multiple times over the course of the last year, and they've shown no indication that they actually understand the issue's on their end and that something changed in their drivers after 14.4.

I tested this by completely removing the DisplayLink Core drivers and it worked. Then I installed them; again, no problem. Once I plugged in a DisplayLink monitor, then this blackout issue started occurring. Even after unplugging the DisplayLink monitor I again had the same issue. The only monitors that actually function after this occurs are the DisplayLink monitors.

Last edited by Saturn2888; 03-12-2015 at 04:58 AM.
Saturn2888 is offline   Reply With Quote