View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #37
cmwade77

So far, my Fix works, here is what is you need to do:
  1. Restart your computer ins safe mode, if you cannot get finder to open.
  2. Open terminal and enter chflags nohidden /System/Library/
  3. Now, open finder and go to /System/Library/Extensions
  4. Find the file DisplayLinkDriver.kext and copy it to your desktop.
  5. Now delete the same file from your /System/Library/Extensions folder. (OS X will not let you simply move the file)
  6. Download "Install KEXT" from: http://osxdaily.com/2012/01/04/insta...ith-kext-drop/
  7. Restart your computer in regular mode and it should start up normally.
  8. Use the Install KEXT and drag the DisplayLinkDriver.kext into the window and click install.
  9. Restart your computer in reglar mode and all should be well now with your extra monitor working.

So far I have only needed to complete these steps once and it seems to be a permanent fix, but you can certainly do it multiple times if you find that you need to. I would also think that most, if not all of this can be automated somehow, but I don't have the skills to accomplish this. There may also be other methods that work with fewer steps, but this has worked for me.

Please note that at several points during this, you will need your administrator password.

Update 1: I found that you do have to do this every time you want to reboot, but it does seem to work every time.

Update 2: I am now not sure if you have to do this every reboot, I have had several successful reboots now without going through this process.

Last edited by cmwade77; 09-25-2012 at 10:32 PM.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote