View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #25
Pummba

Yesterday at night a windows update with DisplayLink drivers made my USB 2.0 adapters to stop working, well not exactly. I´m using a laptop with 2 adapters connected to 2 similar screens, so after the update only one of them remained working.

It took me 3 hours of install, reinstall, uninstall, etc. Now it is working and this is what I did.
  1. Uninstall all DisplayLink drivers
  2. Install latest version from DisplayLink website (6.2 something)
  3. Plug my screens at the same time, with a usb hub that is also connected to the electric supply. The situation remained the same, just one adapter working, the other one remained dead.
  4. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > View devices and printers
  5. One of my screens was working but not both. Right click on DisplayLink USB Graphicks Adapter, select properties, then tab Hardware and click Properties button
  6. General tab. Click on Change settings. Then tab Driver. Then click Unistall
  7. After that I unplugged my usb hub with the 2 adapters and plugged it again. After that the driver started to install itself again and both screens started working fine.

I hope it helps anyone. This matter became really annoying, a waste of time indeed.

Regards

Pummba
Pummba is offline   Reply With Quote