View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 01:06 AM   #63
defilm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
Hmm....I don't think that a trip to the mountains is the best use of time until a fix for the problems is released. I definitely want my Pluggable device working properly on Mountain Lion. I don't care that it's only a 2.0 device, we have enough of these around the office that is an issue. I can see taking the trip after the fix is out, but not before.

Again, your competitors have these drivers out already (as well as ones for USB 3.0), which means they have obviously found a way around these "Operating System Bugs", so it is possible to do. Now, I do agree that Apple should fix their bugs, but if there are ways around them, then it is your responsibility to make your product work properly. I don't like the blame game, we don't accept it within our office and I don't accept it from those that I do business with. Bottom line is it either works properly or it doesn't.

I have started a Facebook page about these problems to try to bring public attention to the issue and help others not waste their time and/or money. For us, it was only wasted time as the manufacturer took care of us, but for many, it is also a waste of money.

The Facebook page is at:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Displ...37576346278575

Not Sure Facebook is the right medium unless you get tons of people to write and link to it. I think I can have more impact writing on my Blog, and then hitting my twitter account, and asking my MAC twitter friends to populate the link so we can at least save some fellow Mac users from getting stuck in the same trap. My Blog is normally about FIber Optics, and Enterprise Network Theory and best practices, and most of my followers are Enterprise engineers, industry analysts, equity analysts in those area's. THis product does not exactly fit, but heck it is 500,000 people, and if I can get the link tweeted by all my Mac friends (You know them @cultofmac, @cali, @techcrunch, etc... we can get it in front of a million of more people in under 2 days. Heck, it only took a few days to undermine all of Egypt.... How hard could this be?
defilm is offline   Reply With Quote