View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #62
cmwade77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Some really good points here, thank you r8r.
Yes there has been a lapse in communication, nobody could ever deny that. We should in hindsight also have tested more use cases on more platforms as the changes in the undocumented and unsupported parts of the OS we interface to (you are a developer: try to find the graphics DDK for OS X) have been much more than what seemed at first sight.

On the other hand, if a software is resulting in an atrocious user experience with version 10.8.0 of the OS and exactly the same software has a much better user experience with 10.8.2 (5 critical OS bugs fixed up to now, 6 to go), how shall we define its quality? On my system I have only 1 issue left for example and I know it's another OS bug.
You also have to consider that the same exact issues are also reproducible (on the same systems) even with the other Miracle Devices often mentioned on the forum.
I think I'll write a separate post about the whole ML user experience.

Anyway, I wanted to reassure you about the work conditions in DisplayLink.
The dev team is fine, thanks, we are actually pretty excited about progress on the unicorn.
Our version of whipping has been a very successful week-end in the mountains to bond the team with a lot of physical exercise, laughter and good cooking. Unconfirmed reports say that alcohol played a role as well..
We have open positions by the way: http://www.displaylink.com/careers/job_board.php

Cheers,
Carlo

P.S. We might change our internal code name for 2.0, I think "unicorn" is brilliant.
Hmm....I don't think that a trip to the mountains is the best use of time until a fix for the problems is released. I definitely want my Pluggable device working properly on Mountain Lion. I don't care that it's only a 2.0 device, we have enough of these around the office that is an issue. I can see taking the trip after the fix is out, but not before.

Again, your competitors have these drivers out already (as well as ones for USB 3.0), which means they have obviously found a way around these "Operating System Bugs", so it is possible to do. Now, I do agree that Apple should fix their bugs, but if there are ways around them, then it is your responsibility to make your product work properly. I don't like the blame game, we don't accept it within our office and I don't accept it from those that I do business with. Bottom line is it either works properly or it doesn't.

I have started a Facebook page about these problems to try to bring public attention to the issue and help others not waste their time and/or money. For us, it was only wasted time as the manufacturer took care of us, but for many, it is also a waste of money.

The Facebook page is at:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Displ...37576346278575
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote