View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 01:01 AM   #53
defilm

Default I don't think there is a 1.8.1. This driver is causing massive disruption.

I have a quad monitor set-up at work and quad at home and work. That is 6 total. This is just rock bottom poor support. I realize how difficult it is in the US to get highly skilled IT workers. I suspect this problem goes much deeper. Remember that the ROI is low. Existing customers don't bring in additional revenue. The motivation to resolve this would be higher if this was a Win7 problem just on volume alone. What I do find unethical is that they are still claiming 10.8 compliant and selling to new unsuspecting customers. That may induce me to write my friends at @techcrunch, and @mashable, @maccult on twitter, and let them get the word out.

I am loyal, but it can only go so far. Having worked as an EE, PE working my way up after 25+ years to Director and Managing Director, I am linkedIn to some peers over at ATEN corp among many other OEM's. (ATEN are the makers of the I/O gear products, which I have 6 of, and each of my IT staff have at least one to support their second monitor. I conveyed the concern. Unfortunately they do not write drivers for their products, understand the issue, but their hands are tied. I MUST have a solution NOW. I need 30-35 units ASAP that work on Mac OS X 10.8 mountain lion. I saw that it was mentioned that a competitor has Mountain Lion drivers that work fine on their product. I don't expect DisplayLink to allow the name of a superior competitor product, and there are at least 10-12 out there from Diamond Media, to Sabant and everything in between, so it is pretty hard to tell which is the known working product.

The person that mentioned he saw a compeditors unit working with 10.8 mountain lion, would you mind sending me an email at defilm at defilm.me so I can stop our bleeding please? Clearly DL don't have a 1.8.1 that resolves the problems, or they would release a beta. I am intimately familiar with proper regression testing, but when the "city of houses is burning to the ground, you get water on it ASAP", you don't play with the fire nozzle on the end of the hose! I don't care if the units are $200 each, the productivity loss is costing far more.

Many thanks!!

PS. I will order one unit overnight. If it works, I will order the remaining balance of 30+ units that I need. I will contact you back for shipping information and I will purchase up to two units for the first provider of the working vendor information and have them drop shipped to you at no cost to you to show my appreciation.
defilm is offline   Reply With Quote