Old 07-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
jstewa762

Exclamation Black Screen in the morning and screen resolution changing

Laptops are HP 8770w BIOS F.41
Video cards in the laptops are AMD FirePro M4000 Driver v12.104.2.0
HP Docking Station P#A7E34UT
USB-Display adapter DL-165
DisplayLink software 7.3M1

With or without the Docking Station this occurs, with the USB-Display adapter hooked to a USB port on the docking station or on the laptop and a VGA cable plugged into the Docking station VGA port or the VGA port on the laptop.

In the morning when I come back to the laptop all the screens are black, I can move the mouse pad and they brighten up like they came up but there is no mouse pointer or screens on any monitor, I have to hard boot the laptop to get it to come back up. This also occurs with just a VGA cable plugged into the laptop, however if I uninstall the DisplayLink software it does not get stuck at a black screen overnight with just the VGA cable. It’s not in sleep mode or hibernate as we have the power settings on High Performance, this only happens if they are on and sit over night.

After the DisplayLink software is installed, with no other screens hooked to the laptop the screen changes resolution from 1920x1080 to 1024x768 when the laptop goes to screen saver, which is set to Blank at 15 minutes.
Not sure if the changing resolution has anything to do with the laptops getting stuck at a black screen or not, just thought it was worth mentioning.

Any help with getting this figured out would be greatly appreciated.
jstewa762 is offline   Reply With Quote