View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 06:53 AM   #4
SLOO1

Hi:

I am having the exact same issue.

Quote:
I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64bit. When I attempt to install the USB Monitor drivers, they appear to install properly - But, on plugging in the USB Monitor the screen goes blank and I can see the mouse flickering but nothing else. When I un-plug the USB Monitor the primary display goes back to normal.
The only difference is that when I restart my computer, after installing the drivers for the first time, the monitor works perfectly. The above quoted issue occurs when I attempt to use the monitor after I have turned my computer off (then on, of course) after the initial installation restart.

Some facts.
I am able to ctrl + alt + del out of the black screen with the flickering mouse cursor. From that screen I am able to windows key + P out of the extend mode that connecting the portable monitor triggers. This allows me to go back to the desktop with no issue.

I should have the most recent graphics driver.

I have attempted to take a S.S. of the screen and only get a black screen when pasted to paint.

I am able to highlight and the cursor changes from pointer to finger when I move it over an icon etc.

Will attempt to post log file tomorrow.

Thank you for your help in advance.
SLOO1 is offline   Reply With Quote