View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
sexinxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel View Post
As you do realize, DisplayLink does not support multi-GPU environments and things may or may not go wrong when having multiple graphics cards installed.
Ok. I tried on a fresh (just installed windows 7 64bit and strictly essential drivers) system with only one Asus GTX850 (ForceWare driver 263.09 64 bit) and two display; no other devices except from Logitech bluetooth desktop (mouse and keyboard)... Same problem occurs!!!

I installed directly 5.5M1 for a MimoMonitors iMo Mini-Monster Touch 10-inch USB Touchscreen Monitor: during the boot it wakes up both the two monitors and the Mimo, then, when Windows prompt for the login window, Monitor 2 (connected on port 2 of the GTX580) goes on sleep mode!!!

And also on that configuration full uninstall doesn't correct the issue!!

Quote:
You can try uninstalling 5.5M1 driver, re-install the previous driver version that worked well before and see if the problem continues.
Tried on both systems with 5.5 and 5.4M1: doesn't help.
Note that on second system (one GTX580 and just two display) as a fresh install I never had Display Link drivers installed before.
On first system I had 5.4M1 working (not perfectly cause DirectX was messed up and lot of issues, but multimonitor/card configuration was working) till yesterday, when I upgraded to 5.5M1, had the issue and no way back...

Quote:
Also, it seems like the core of your issue is not related to DisplayLink SW as the problem persists when DL software is uninstalled.
Maybe... Or may be not!!! My thought is that it's something related to installation... wich messes up some entries in the registry.

I did many (5 or 6) attempt with fresh installed configurations perfectly working BEFORE 5.5M1 setup and not working (with this same issue) immediatly AFTER... always with essential drivers setup and with or without full bag of Microsoft Windows Updates...

The OS: Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate
CPU: Intel Core i7-X980 (not OC)
RAM: 12 GB (Corsair)
MB: Asus Rampage III Extreme
Storage: 4x SSD Corsair X256 (Raid)
GC: from one GTX480 (alone) or one GTX580 (alone), to 3 GTX580 and one GTX480 (together in 3-way SLI + 1 PhysX dedicated)

Any advice appreciated.

Ambrogio Calcaterra
Milano - Italy