View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
Starnamer

Default Bug Report: Driver still doesn't work with WPF (specifically tested with VWDE 2010)

Configuration: Dell E6400 with internal screen and external Dell E170S on builitin Intel 4 Series Express Chipset (builtin) plus 2 x Dell E170S on 2 x WS-UGA12D1.

Tested using Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express 2010 which uses Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).

The result is that all screens start flickering badly (3 or 4 refreshed per second) and the mouse pointer is recentered every time the screens refresh. One of the screens connected to a Displaylink device (2nd one added, identified as screen 4) remains mostly black with occasional flashes in incorrect colours. The VWDE application did not reach a usable state after several minutes - main window remained white - and was terminated. On termination, all screens returned to normal.

Note that while using a single DisplayLink device (either of the two I have), no problem is seen.

While running the debug tool, I noticed that the firmware of my 2 devices is significantly different (0.04 and 0.15) although the devices are physically identical and were bought from the same supplier (albeit a couple of months apart). This may explain why one screen goes black and the other doesn't; the 'black' screen is the older firmware (Device USB_0198-450359, FW: 0.04). Is it possible to upgrade the firmware? Would this help?

The debug check was run after closing VWDE. I assume no additional information would be available while trying to run the application. It would be quite difficult to execute anything while the problem is occurring.
Attached Files
File Type: zip After VWDE 20100629.zip (47.9 KB, 669 views)

Last edited by Starnamer; 06-29-2010 at 09:41 AM.