DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Alert "DisplayLinkUserAgent" (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68813)

e_ater 06-22-2023 06:24 AM

Alert "DisplayLinkUserAgent"

Hallo

I am running macOS Sonoma Beta and I am getting the following error as per Beta 2.

is using a deprecated API that will be removed in the future. Please contact the developer for an updated version.

is there already new version for DisplayLinkUserAgent?
at the moment is "DisplayLink Manager 1.7.1 (Build 60.129)"

sfilling 06-22-2023 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e_ater (Post 95482)
Hallo

I am running macOS Sonoma Beta and I am getting the following error as per Beta 2.

is using a deprecated API that will be removed in the future. Please contact the developer for an updated version.

is there already new version for DisplayLinkUserAgent?
at the moment is "DisplayLink Manager 1.7.1 (Build 60.129)"

Interested in a response to this as well.

thx1766 06-22-2023 10:14 AM

Deprecated API in use

1 Attachment(s)
Also running MacOS 14 Sonoma developer beta 2 (Build 23A5276g).

I'm using a newer version of DisplayLink than you at 1.8.1 (Build 63.180)

I'm seeing the same thing, and have attached a screenshot of the popup:
Alert “DisplayLinkUserAgent” is using a deprecated API that will be removed in the future. Please contact the developer for an updated version.

I created a ticket through the menu bar popup's support tab, and just replied to a response back asking for the driver version.

I'm curious what Apple API is in use, and if there's a new one that DisplayLink can utilize.

coolkidsdoit 06-22-2023 08:57 PM

Same problem here

Macbook Pro (M1Pro) with Sonoma Beta 2 and DisplayLink 1.8.1 (Build 63.180)

AlbanRampon 06-23-2023 01:29 PM

Hello,

We are aware and we will transfer to the newer API before the new OS becomes officially released. This is still early days in that OS version which can change.

As far as we are aware, there is no impact on functionality today, beyond this new pop-up added in their developer beta 2.

Our current plan is an alpha in July, as it would be difficult to claim official full support on a developer preview.

Regards,
Alban

coolkidsdoit 06-23-2023 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbanRampon (Post 95498)
Hello,

We are aware and we will transfer to the newer API before the new OS becomes officially released. This is still early days in that OS version which can change.

As far as we are aware, there is no impact on functionality today, beyond this new pop-up added in their developer beta 2.

Our current plan is an alpha in July, as it would be difficult to claim official full support on a developer preview.

Regards,
Alban

Thanks for the update Alban!

rboss 06-26-2023 09:40 AM

Hi all,

I am using the same versions mentioned above (macOS Sonoma Beta 2 and DisplayLink Manager 1.8.1) but for some reason, my displays don't show up in the macOS settings.

They are detected and enabled in DisplayLink Manager, but only the built-in display is available in the display settings.

Any ideas what I can try to fix this?

Edit: I am experiencing this on a MacBook Air M2

sfilling 06-26-2023 03:36 PM

DisplayLink User Agent

Thanks for letting us know Alban