DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Never worked for me... (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1024)

hhirschi 08-02-2011 02:20 PM

Never worked for me...

1 Attachment(s)
I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to use my display link with my projector for several months, updating software, even to the latest Beta, it's never worked. I never see the projector (from InFocus 1100).

I've attached the log, as demanded.

Would be good to get a response as I'd like to use this feature...

ChristianP 08-09-2011 02:46 PM

Could you please download the new debug tool from here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269, change first the log verbosity to DEBUG (from the advanced menu, remember to unplug and replug the usb adapter) and collect the information as usual just a minute later? Thanks

hhirschi 08-12-2011 10:06 AM

as you wish...

1 Attachment(s)
Done and attached.

However, I got an error message when I tried to change to "debug", which reads as follows:

Apple Script Error:

cp: /Library/Application support/DisplayLink/.dl.xml: No such file or directory (1)

dbarba.garcia 08-12-2011 08:41 PM

Mine hasn't worked either

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, i have snow leopard 10.6.7 and my computer doesn't detect the adapter...
i have installed driver 1.6, 1.7 and none has worked.

i downloaded the debug tool and i'm attaching the results.

please help ASAP.

computersoftware121 08-21-2011 01:04 PM

He had never worked outside of Poland before, and suddenly his duties as training ... It just made me feel that my work is really worth something," he says. ...

The current Secretary-General of UNHCO is H.E. Mr. Hamit Manar.

hubeaz 02-09-2012 04:51 PM

Not working here either

1 Attachment(s)
Just received the HIS MultiView+Sound with HDMI output and installed the DL 1.7 driver (as directed in install procedures) on my 15" MBPro. Downloaded the latest debug tool as advised in other threads and set it to full, and debug mode. Attaching the file to see if anyone @ DisplayLink can see why it's not working on my 24" Dell monitor :(

Carlo 02-10-2012 07:47 AM

Looks like the driver is not loading. This is usually an installation issue caused by permissions issues.
Here are the steps:
- Uninstall the DisplayLink driver using the uninstaller in the driver image
- Open Disk Utility
- Select you system disk
- Click on Repair Permissions
- Sit back and wait for it to finish
- Install the DisplayLink driver again

Let us know if the problem persists.

hubeaz 02-14-2012 04:24 PM

No dice on the suggested fix

1 Attachment(s)
Still no dice on getting the display discovered. :confused: I ran through the steps suggested. I've attached another info zip file that was ran after the uninstall/permissions repair/re-install/reboot/discover process.

hamzakc 03-07-2012 11:16 PM

It worked for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlo (Post 5756)
Looks like the driver is not loading. This is usually an installation issue caused by permissions issues.
Here are the steps:
- Uninstall the DisplayLink driver using the uninstaller in the driver image
- Open Disk Utility
- Select you system disk
- Click on Repair Permissions
- Sit back and wait for it to finish
- Install the DisplayLink driver again

Let us know if the problem persists.

I tried to use the display link software for an adapter I just bought. I installed 1.7, 1.8 and 1.6. But none worked. I then repaired my permissions and it worked as soon as I installed the driver (1.7). I am using Snow leopard.

Thanks.
Hamza

Carlo 03-08-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hubeaz (Post 5783)
Still no dice on getting the display discovered. :confused: I ran through the steps suggested. I've attached another info zip file that was ran after the uninstall/permissions repair/re-install/reboot/discover process.

I checked the PID and it looks like one of the new USB3 devices based on the DL3x00 chip family. If that's the case then I'm sorry but they are not supported yet on Mac and I can't comment about the availability of a driver that will support them.

Please let me know if the manufacturer mentioned Mac support anywhere so we can work with them to correct it.

Thank you
Carlo