DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   CLOSED: Windows 8.1 Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Display freeze issue with Surface Pro and 8.1 (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61823)

rasik 07-08-2013 02:45 PM

Display freeze issue with Surface Pro and 8.1

Hello.

I am running Windows 8.1 Preview on a Surface Pro. I have installed the DisplayLink 8.1 beta. One issue I have noticed so far is that when undocking by removing the USB connector from the Surface Pro, the last displayed images are left on my external monitors even though no connection is present to the external dock. This poses a security concern sine the last displayed image may contain confidential information.

My setup uses the following:

Startech USB3SDOCKHD
Startech ST4300USB3

The USB connection from the Surface Pro passes through the USB 3.0 hub since the Startech dock does not seem to provide enough power for video on its own.

I checked the known report issues log and didn't see any mention of this issue yet. Any help that could be offered would be great!

Thanks,
Ryan

Kaldek 07-09-2013 05:32 AM

I can report that the same problem is occurring on mine. Surface Pro with the beta drivers, and the external monitor keeps displaying the last image from when I disconnected the USB 3.0 cable.

This only happens if I disconnect the cable before shutting down the PC.

JamesH 07-09-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rasik (Post 70213)
Hello.

I am running Windows 8.1 Preview on a Surface Pro. I have installed the DisplayLink 8.1 beta. One issue I have noticed so far is that when undocking by removing the USB connector from the Surface Pro, the last displayed images are left on my external monitors even though no connection is present to the external dock. This poses a security concern sine the last displayed image may contain confidential information.

My setup uses the following:

Startech USB3SDOCKHD
Startech ST4300USB3

The USB connection from the Surface Pro passes through the USB 3.0 hub since the Startech dock does not seem to provide enough power for video on its own.

I checked the known report issues log and didn't see any mention of this issue yet. Any help that could be offered would be great!

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi,

What happens when you connect the dock directly?

Thanks,
James

JamesH 07-09-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaldek (Post 70231)
I can report that the same problem is occurring on mine. Surface Pro with the beta drivers, and the external monitor keeps displaying the last image from when I disconnected the USB 3.0 cable.

This only happens if I disconnect the cable before shutting down the PC.

Hi,

What device do you have? Is it connected via a Hub or direct?

Thanks,
James

mlukaszek 07-09-2013 11:29 AM

Hi All,
This sounds like a problem which is release noted for the beta. It is expected to be fixed for the final release.

Quote:

I1. List of Known Issues
========================
After replugging a device, previous screen content may appear for the moment. (15703)

rasik 07-09-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesH (Post 70238)
Hi,

What happens when you connect the dock directly?

Thanks,
James

When connecting the dock directly to the Surface Pro's USB port, no video shows as it appears it is not providing enough power to generate the video signal to the external monitors. As a result, a additional USB 3.0 hub is needed to provide the extra power.

When shutting the Surface Pro fully down, the image does not stay on the monitors, it's only when hot swapping while on.

Is there a eta on when the final version will be released?

Thanks,
Ryan