PDA

View Full Version : Win 7 X64, Nvidia and DisplayLink problem

Faidon
02-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Hello all,

I would like to report a problem after installing DiplayLink driver 5.6 Beta
(and older versions) in a system with this configuration:
Windows 7 X64 with all windows updates (except latest SQL server)
Graphics:Nvidia Driver 266.58 on an ASUS GeForce 8800GT
CPU: Intel Quad Core Q6600
Motherboard: Gigabyte DQ6-X38

When trying to attach the monitor a pop up informs me that "the display link driver is not compatible with this os and graphics".
Furthermore i experience crashes when trying to right click on "my computer" and in some other menus. The outcome is that windows explorer is restarting and i cannot access these os menus.
Also a look in Device Manager shows that in GeForce 8800GT properties that
"Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)"
When i uninstall DIsplayLink drivers and reboot, the system comes back to normal operation.
I have attached the log file.
I would appreciate if you come with a solution for this problem.

thanks in advance

titopty
02-07-2011, 10:18 PM
I have the exact same problem, the only difference is that I'm using a NVIDIA Gforce GTS 240, but I get the exact same mgs and ofter I uninstall the software everything come back to normal.

Jason-118
04-03-2011, 11:12 PM
I have exactly the same problem both drivers will not run at the same time, although what I find strange is everything seems to work ok till I restart.

Im running a GTX480 and with Display Link drivers installed all sorts of problems occur.

I doubt Nvidia will ever be interested in making there drivers compatible with Displaylink drivers so looks like they better find a work around fast or there customer base will shrink considerably.

Wim
04-04-2011, 05:18 PM
I don't think you have a Windows 7 (WDDM) graphics driver installed for your primary graphics card, which the DisplayLink driver requires:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=293

Wim

Jason-118
04-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Where do I get a WDDM Nvidia driver for windows 7? Because I have the latest Nvidia drivers also when I check dxdiag.exe my primary driver has WDDM 1.1.

Mastiff
04-05-2011, 07:18 AM
no we do I think NVIDIA is messing with you guys and not giving you the right codecs and drivers to run these USB monitors might be a proprietary issue?

Because every-time I turn on my system, the NVIDIA Control Panel will not work. I have to shut the USB monitors off; then reinstall the Display - link software all over again, just to have them working together, until I shut down again, and start all over the next day.

NVIDIA 270.51 betas even the current on the WHQL'ed version same issues with the NVIDIA control panel.
5.6m display-link

and acording to intel they have been WDDM certified since Dec 11, 2008.

also just read that theres an issue with 64 bit version wddm 1.1 not full compatible. Thats just great WTF is up with intel and 64 bit problems.

Wim
04-05-2011, 05:00 PM
My reply in comment #4 answered Faidon and titopy's issue:

http://kb.displaylink.com/293

If it is working sometimes, or you're not seeing this message then its a different issue, which I think are in other threads.

Wim

Jason-118
04-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I get that message and my nvidia drivers end up being disabled. I have the latest official nvidia drivers and your latest drivers. The nvidia drivers indicate wddm 1.1 and I'm on a 64 bit windows 7 system. I have also let windows update install nvidia drivers just incase but the problem still persists so what do you suggest I do next because right now I have an £100 paperweight until these comparability issues are sorted out.

Wim
04-06-2011, 02:02 PM
I get that message and my nvidia drivers end up being disabled. I have the latest official nvidia drivers and your latest drivers. The nvidia drivers indicate wddm 1.1 and I'm on a 64 bit windows 7 system. I have also let windows update install nvidia drivers just incase but the problem still persists so what do you suggest I do next because right now I have an £100 paperweight until these comparability issues are sorted out.

Can you post your log files, so we can see exactly what your system config is and the versions of NVidia driver? This could be our driver fault or an NVidia issue, that we can raise with them, but need this information first.

The debug tool to do this is here:

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

Jason-118
04-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Ok I appreciate your help, I gathered the support info after I installed the display link drivers with the monitor plugged in and also gathered after a restart.

I also deleted the memory.dmp due to it's size.

Wim
04-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Ok I appreciate your help, I gathered the support info after I installed the display link drivers with the monitor plugged in and also gathered after a restart.

I also deleted the memory.dmp due to it's size.

Thanks Jason

I see you are running in Windows basic mode. Can you try switching to Aero mode through the "Personalization", and see if this improves the experience. There can sometimes be issues in basic mode with DisplayLink, which should be resolved in a release over the summer.

Thanks

Wim

Jason-118
04-07-2011, 11:57 AM
After installing the drivers windows defaults to basic mode because the display link drivers totally disable my main graphics card drivers and windows changes it automatically because the graphics card isnt there to support aero mode.

It's probably worth mentioning once drivers are installed and I plug the monitor in screens flicker windows changes to basic mode and I get desktop window manager has stopped responding and has closed.

Mastiff
04-10-2011, 05:38 PM
yes seems to be the areo bug I still get that same problem NVIDIA stops responding and the display main screen not the USB displays goes black.

I run the action performance issue finder thingy and it still tells me the 3D graphics drivers are not areo compatible please contact your local graphics vendor. lol. well this only occurs when running any of the displaylink software.
:cool: :mad:

Jason-118
04-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Any update Wim on whether you guys are looking into the problem that seems to be affecting several of us here so far?

Wim
04-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Any update Wim on whether you guys are looking into the problem that seems to be affecting several of us here so far?

Hi Jason

Yes, I've raised your bug using your log files. I also think your explorer crash is being reported to Microsoft which we also have as a bug, so I've flagged both these up to be looked at.

Mastiff - can you submit your log files, so we can see if its the same issue as Jason, or if its something different.

Thanks

Wim

Mastiff
04-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi Jason

Yes, I've raised your bug using your log files. I also think your explorer crash is being reported to Microsoft which we also have as a bug, so I've flagged both these up to be looked at.

Mastiff - can you submit your log files, so we can see if its the same issue as Jason, or if its something different.

Thanks

Wim

ok running the tool so i will post it soon.

ok I try to upload and it tells me 404 error everytime the file is only 130mb Rar file so what now I sent you guys a link tomediafilebut you seem not to want to DL from there?
http://www.mediafire.com/?ji81xuqs5ppa75j

Mastiff
04-18-2011, 06:42 PM
its funny that you say this I find that everytime I click on the mycomputer link in the run start button lower left corner for the start windows area, I get the black out main screen and then it trickels to the number 3 monitor one of the 7 inch liiliputs. happens everytime with I.E. open.

Jason-118
05-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Has any progress towards a fix been made yet?

Meleak
05-31-2011, 10:41 PM
I have the exact same problem with Geforce 580 GTX on Windows 7 x64. The same problem also happends with DisplayLink for IPad so I don't think it's USB related. On a sidenote I tried Air Display for IPad which worked without any crashes but besides that it was worthless. Returning my Lilliput UM-70 tomorrow :(

t1blackout
11-09-2011, 02:42 PM
I have the EXACT same problem with my GeForce 560 Ti that I just bought. It works perfectly when I first install it but then if I walk away from my computer for long enough, or restart the computer, everything gets screwed up and the only way to fix it is to uninstall displaylink.

This is ridiculous, everyone is having the same problems... Are you guys going to be able to do anything to help us? My roomate is having the exact same problem and he is not even using the same video card.

Wim
11-10-2011, 09:54 AM
I have the EXACT same problem with my GeForce 560 Ti that I just bought. It works perfectly when I first install it but then if I walk away from my computer for long enough, or restart the computer, everything gets screwed up and the only way to fix it is to uninstall displaylink.

This is ridiculous, everyone is having the same problems... Are you guys going to be able to do anything to help us? My roomate is having the exact same problem and he is not even using the same video card.

I think the problems in this thread were solved with v6.0 M1, and you have a different issue, even though its similar symptoms.

I see that when you took the logs you were in basic mode. There can be issues in basic mode and I wonder if this is causing the issues you are seeing.

If not, can you explain more what you mean by "screwed up"? The display is corrupted or blank? Or the layout of displays is wrong?

Thanks

Wim

ushere
11-22-2011, 07:03 AM
hi,

i installed displaylink latest drivers and all is working fine with the displays, but i can no longer bring up the nvidia control panel for my gtx550ti.

i would also like to know whether i can use my datacolor spyder to calibrate the usb monitor?

tia.

Nightstorm
11-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Good day,

I've been fighting this problem for a long time now. I finally gave up last night after loading the v6.1 release software with the most recent 285.62 - WHQL Win 7 x64 Nvidia drivers. When the DisplayLink software is installed, the Nvidia control panel does not function. I'm using a pair of Geforce GTX480's but I don't think the hardware matters in this case as it's all software related.

When I uninstall the DisplayLink software without making any other changes, I get full functionality back in the Nvidia drivers. I ended up connecting my third display to the second GTX480. I had to disable SLI capabilities in order to run that display. Not ideal as now the second card is a rather expensive PhysX board with a third display attached ;)

Any help in resolving this issue would fantastic. I can understand the frustration in trying to get bugs worked out that were introduced by another vendor perhaps, however we're just consumers that want to be able to use these products together.

Thanks!

Wim
11-30-2011, 01:28 PM
We have investigated this further and it appears that NVIDIA disable Pyysx when a non-NVIDIA GPU is present.

Patches are available to prevent this happening, but these are untested by DisplayLink:

x86:
http://www.ngohq.com/attachments/graphic-cards/2182d1254447908-nvidia-disables-physx-when-ati-card-is-present-physx-mod-x86-1.01.rar

x64:
http://www.ngohq.com/attachments/graphic-cards/2183d1254447908-nvidia-disables-physx-when-ati-card-is-present-physx-mod-x64-1.01.rar

This may work around the issue.

Wim

Nightstorm
11-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Thank you, I will try this tonight.

It should be noted though, that's its not just the PhysX section that gets removed from the NVidia console. Almost all of settings get removed, the 3D Adjustment Settings, Monitor set up and adjustment ect, not just the SLI/PhysX sections.

As soon as the DisplayLink Software is removed they show right back up again.

zyxwvuuu
12-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Thank you, I will try this tonight.

It should be noted though, that's its not just the PhysX section that gets removed from the NVidia console. Almost all of settings get removed, the 3D Adjustment Settings, Monitor set up and adjustment ect, not just the SLI/PhysX sections.

As soon as the DisplayLink Software is removed they show right back up again.

Same issue here still... Displaylink adapter works, but nvidia control panel has disappeared all settings except "stereoscopic 3d". So now no brightness, gamma, color settings for my other monitors that have nothing to do with my display link monitor. Is this going to be fixed, or is it even possible to fix this? or should I return my Displaylink device and look for something else that works alongside nvidia drivers (they keep crashing randomly too).

Edit: I should add, I only have one graphics card, a GTS 450, running one monitor off of HDMI and another off DVI. Then my displaylink usb adapter runs the third monitor.

Nightstorm
12-08-2011, 12:59 PM
I didn't try those updates once I realized what they were. The were to enable Physx support on systems that have a non Nvidia GPU as the primary display adapter and they are quite dated compared to the current drivers. I didn't feel comfortable trying them, and indeed that isn't even the problem I'm having. Like others, if the DisplayLink software is installed on my system, most of the NVidia console is rendered inoperative. No display adjustments, no 3d settings, no SLI or PhysX sections. I remove the software it all comes back. At the present time, I had to remove the software, disconnect the DisplayLink and run the 3rd monitor off of the second GTX480 in my system. I lost SLI capability to do that, but have become rather accustomed to having the third display.

I look forward to a fix that will allow these two software packages to play in the sand box together ;)

superbike81
12-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Similar problem....

I've got a triple monitor setup using Nvidia Surround. I installed the latest drivers for both the video card and DisplayLink.

As soon as I turn on my Lilliput 7" screen it disables my two outer screens and I am left with my center screen and the Lilliput activated.

I've got two GTX560ti's in SLI and everything works perfectly as long as the Lilliput is turned off. As soon as I turn it on, my outer monitors deactivate and the Win7 X64 display panel won't let me reactivate them and neither will the Nvidia control panel.

Larsson
12-19-2011, 02:08 PM
I have the same. Cannot turn aero on since my nVidia card is disabled after installing DL drivers. Also I cannot view pictures or anything that has with explorer to do. And if I reboot, my resolution can be no higher than 1280x720 due to the DL drivers and my gfx disabled. Uninstall DL and reboot and everything is back to normal again. And if I try to play video on my 2nd screen(displaylink) it freezes. Though if I rightclick an icon on my main screen, it will run as long as the icon is rightclicked. So I just leave it rightclicked and I can watch my projector. I get a bit bad fps on it though. And when Im done, I have to uninstall the drivers again and rebot to be able to do anyhing else on the computer. This cant be that I have to do so everytime Im going to use it?

I mainly bought it for films and for the upcoming hockey worldcup and ofc the UEFA Euro and such.

This thread hasnt been updated in a while, any solutions that Ive missed?

Ive got:
Win7 x64, latest updates.(US version)
nVidia GTS 250, updated aswell.
Displaylink with 5.6.31854.0

As for hardware(which has nothing to do with it what I can see)
AMD Phenom II 965 X4 @ 3,4GHz
4Gb RAM @ 1600MHz
nVidia GTS 250 1Gb GDDR3
2Tb of diskspace

Any help appreciated.

I do live in Sweden if that matters in any way.

Larsson
12-19-2011, 02:23 PM
I have the same. ...blablabla...

What I may not clearly have written.. Explorer.exe is up and running, but trying to use any windows feature it crashes. Standalone applications will run, though limited. Firefox, VLC and the adaptor for example will run.
DWM will not run at all(therefor Aero disabled too).

Milkdrop
12-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Hello,

to make it short, i have the same issue as all the people above have.

I tried nVIDIA drivers version:
280.26 (old version)
285.62 (current release)
290.53 (beta)

Also tried em all in combination with the DisplayLink Driver 6.1.35667 and the 5.6 M1.

No change whatever i try.
Ends with me doing a system reinstate after every attemp so the files are clean.

I first install the DisplayLink driver, then i restart the PC, then i plug in the device to the USB and it installs drivers via USB and then bang, dwm.exe dies, aero goes off (windows goes basic mode) and i can't enable areo anymore at all.
Though the third screen does go online, once i reboot the machine it's all dead - down to one screen working only, the nvidia drivers being unable to initialise and so on.

I spent 6 hours on trying to troubleshoot this issue now, no chance with the given software.

Oh yea, i use a GTX 470 and at least the first two drivers (old version and current release one) i tried are WDDM 1.1 compilant, didn't bother to check the dxdiag on the beta one.

Considering everything runs fine until i plug the device to the PC, i would guess one of these windows update distributed drivers is bogus and not the 6.1 download you offer here.
I tried to change the driver back to the one thats in the DisplayLink install directory, but Windows doesn't manage to find a proper driver (not even when i have it search all truh C:\).

Something in the driver changes when it does the install-on-usb-connect and i would guess thats where you guys should be looking.

As of today i have only two weeks left to return the device, so i would appreciate a quick reply if it's even possible to fix the issue, since i would like my money back if that thing isn't gona work for me anyday at all.

Best regards and thanks in advance~~

Wim
12-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi All

OK - sorry for the delay but I've been out of office for a few weeks (the wife has just had a baby) so not been keeping up with this. Looking through the thread there seem to be a number of different issues here, but all related to NVIDIA. There seems to be:

1. NVIDIA Control panel disappearing when DisplayLink software is installed. We need to try and reproduce this and see if its "feature" of NVIDIA graphics when they detect another graphics driver installed or if its something we are doing.

2. dwm.exe crashing when DisplayLink is connected so Aero glass graphics are not available. Larsson - This is on v5.6 M1. Could you try v6.1 M1 and see if you have the same problem?

3. System corruption (Milkdrop). I assume this is on Windows 7? Could you send the log files from your system for this, as this looks like something different again.

Hopefully we can start getting to the bottom of some of these issues, as I don't think they are all down to the same cause.

Thanks

Wim

Milkdrop
12-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Hi Wim,

congratulations on the baby. ;)

Have fun with the two logfiles, i added the state of the process after the system created name.

One being taken right after the install from USB without any reboots.
(well, first installed the 6.1 from the website which i downloaded and then pluged the USB device into the PC).

And the other being taken after the reboot, when the USB Device doesn't even light up anymore and my nVIDIA drivers wont initialize anymore.

Since i run out of time on the return policy i gona pack the device up and return it to the shop where i ordered it, don't wanna be stuck with a not working device.

When i called them, they said they gona send me a new one to make sure it's not a hardware issue but honestly, i dont think so since right after the install i can get a second screen working, just without aero... and once i reboot everything fails... doesn't look like a hardware problem but who knows. ;)

I will follow the thread though in case you manage to find some information on the issue, since i might get stuck with a second hardware devide in a week or so...

Sincerly
-Tami

Larsson
01-03-2012, 04:49 PM
2. dwm.exe crashing when DisplayLink is connected so Aero glass graphics are not available. Larsson - This is on v5.6 M1. Could you try v6.1 M1 and see if you have the same problem?

I fixed it. Im not quite sure what did it tho.
What I did was that I cleaned the registry, cleaned every driver that could have a conflict with the graphics. Also found that windows was trying to install parts of ATI drivers? Which was weird since Ive never used ATI at all.
Anyhow, I did all that at the same time. Reboot, download and install everything fresh, aswell as DL drivers. It all seems to works jsut as intended now, tho I am just using the 5.6 drivers(am a bit scared it will f*** up again if I update :P

Thats what I did, and now it works. Not sure what fixed any of it, but that might work for others too? Winupdate was probably the reason if I may guess.

Programs I used was:
CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner)
Driver Magician V3.41 (www.drivermagician.com)

Goodluck!

RobotGizmo
05-31-2012, 02:57 PM
Has there been any update on this issue? I have an Alienware M18x with 2 nVidia GT 675m cards running in SLI, and I get constant blue screens. With the DisplayLink software uninstalled the laptop works perfectly. Is there a plan to support systems with SLI? Thanks!

ZipZap
06-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi,

I managed to get a new Targus USB 3.0 Dual Video Adapter (Displaylink 3900 based) working in my Lenovo W520 notebook under Windows 7 Pro. My W520 has NVidia Optimus with Quadro 1000m and Intel HD 3000 graphics.

After installing the latest Displaylink software, v6.3, my machine was BSOD, among other woes.

To resolve this, I went into the BIOS, set graphics to Discrete only, and disabled O/S detection. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the Displaylink software.

After that, I rebooted into BIOS, reset graphics to Optimus, rebooted, and everything is working.

I hope this helps.

Best, ZZ

RobotGizmo
06-01-2012, 09:32 PM
I used to have a T520 and had similar problems as well. I also found that forcing discrete graphics in the bios fixed the issues. With my new laptop, it has 2 nVidia cards running in SLI, which apparently the DisplayLink drivers don't like. I've already forced the bios to use discrete graphics only, but it didn't solve it in this case. :(

kleineMax
02-24-2013, 08:43 PM
This needs to be fixed!

I have also Win7 x64 and the nvidia control panel is not wokring if I plug in my Samsung Syncmaster U70, the same counts for Nvidia PhysX.
Every game that uses PhysX warns me when i switch the hardware-acceleration on and tells me that its not supported by my GPU. As soon as i unplug my U70 these warnings are gone.

If the problem is Nvidia not allowing another "GPU"-like device then find a way to mask your driver as a non GPU.

You developt this technology, it should be the problem of users if it is not working with other standard hardware (nvidia is the biggest standard in GPU-hardware)

System:
Win7 x64 Ultimate SP1
Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 with 314.07 driver
Samsung Syncmaster with 7.1 M1 Displaylink Driver

Darkphox
03-02-2013, 05:06 PM
KleineMax,

I had a similar problem, but have solved my issues. I hope what I did may help you out.

I had Nvidia drivers 310.90, and display link 6.1 installed. Everything was peachy. Installed 314.07 driver and now every time i start windows i get a popup that windows desktop manager has crashed. IE worked, but every time i closed it i had a popup saying it encountered an error and needed to close. I reverted to 310.90 and everything worked fine again.

I recently reformatted my drive, and encountered the error again with fresh installs of 314.07 and display link driver 6.1. I went to their driver page (link below), and downloaded display link driver 7.1m1. Installed, restarted and everything works like it should now. For some reason, windows automatically installs 6.1m0, even though newer drivers are available (several versions of 6.1, 7.0, and 7.1). Try this, and see if it works for you.

link:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php

download the first link (7.1m1), install, and restart windows.

kleineMax
03-04-2013, 01:16 PM
yeah the 'desktop window manager is not working' thing was solved with the 7.1M1, but as i wrote thats not the issue im facing at the moment

(also see the last 2 lines of my post ;) )

The problem is that the nvidia control panel can not be opened as long as i plug in my displaylink device and also if it is pluged in Nvidia PhysX is not working

Vald
03-29-2013, 10:19 PM
Hi all,

I'm having the same kind of problem. I have a Samsung Series 5 with GeForce GT 630M and Intel HD Graphics 4000 (via Optimus) and a Toshiba DynaPort USB 3.0. The Intel drivers are the latest and I've tried the NVIDIA 296.87 (latest from Samsung), NVIDIA 314.07 and 314.22 drivers with identical results. I'm using the Displaylink 7.1M drivers (though the actual version reported in Windows is 7.0.41409.0 despite running the cleaner, etc.).

Any game I try running in full screen will crash without exception once Displaylink configures a monitor for the first time. If I completely uninstall the drivers and reinstall them, everything is fine unless I hook a monitor up to the station.

In other words, my Displaylink device is useless with monitors. My only option for dual screen (two 1920x1080 external monitors - the laptop display is not an option) is to hook the primary up to HDMI (I would do that anyway) but the second to - ugh - VGA... and it looks horrible.

Please guys, can we get this fixed? This is simply terrible and is only reinforcing my initial reservations about so-called universal docking stations.

mainekarter2004
05-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Indeed,, after two years of this working flawlessly, It no longer works for me.. Same as others.. sSurround is fine, plug in 7 inch monitor and all goes awry.. AND worse than that, I really have hepled alot of people buy this product and get it working in Iracing, and NOW i'm in trhe dark.. A dozen of us all are having the same issues.. It really is ridiculas..

mainekarter2004
06-06-2013, 05:03 AM
Seriusly? It has been a long time, and no repair.. Many I know have this issue. Nvidia control panel being killed when displaylink is on.. and sudden incompatibility to go to surround mode.. All USED to work fine.. And has been non functional for months. I am soon to toss the usb monitor.. And displaylink will be on my no go list for eternity!

mainekarter2004
06-08-2013, 03:12 AM
Look.. Your drivers do not work. You blame it on Nvidia.. Fact is.. NVIDA all set up works fine.. Install displaylink,, LOSE SURROUND and Nvidia control panel access. It has been MONTHS and MONTHS, and no fix.. How complicated can it be? Or is it easier to lose customers and blame others? Please address this, I have four different SIMULATORS running and ALL OF them have this issue ..

iansane
06-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Ok reading this forum I learned one thing. I thought the reason nvidia control panel didn't work was because displaylink takes over. I think it was version 6.1 that worked for me all except my nvidiacontrol panel would crash if I tried to open it. Since I don't do gaming or anything graphic intense I just disabled the startup of nvidia in msconfig and had no problems for a while. Well the one monitor hooked up to my sabrent usb is slow but that was it.

Then when I got a notification from displaylink that an update was available I updated and it killed my PC. I got a BSOD and had to use system repair to roll back to a restore point.

I've been trying with every new version since. Now I have nvidia GT 7900 v 307.83 along with displaylink 7.2m1 installed and it's the same problem as always. If i don't restart after install I see a popup message that this driver is not compatible with my graphics card, driver, or OS. If I restart it's the BSOD. This time I just uninstalled displaylink before restarting so everything is fine but I have no use of the third monitor.

Every time I have had aero enabled. This time is on a clean install of win 7 pro 64bit. The previous times were on win 7 pro 32bit.

mainekarter2004
06-16-2013, 03:44 AM
:confused: Can anyone at DISPLAYLINK verify yet this is a PROBLEM, and that they are addressing it? :(

Vald
06-16-2013, 06:34 PM
I agree. These so-called universal docking stations are flaky enough as it is without the manufacturers of the key component making excuses for their own failures.

mainekarter2004
06-25-2013, 03:18 AM
I'm ashamed I wasted money on this product.. I used to love it .. Your drivers went WACKO.. I cannot just install old drivers, as they UPDATE beyond my control on install.. I have an USB pile of JUNK as far as i'm concerned.. Thanks for the superior customer service...

TabSel
07-26-2013, 12:06 AM
no nvidia control Panel when displaylink Monitor is enabled.

are you working on it?

TabSel
07-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Hello?

Anyone out there?

TabSel
07-31-2013, 01:06 PM
Displaylink support please?

Vald
08-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Don't bother. They aren't listening and they don't care. Just spread the word about their defective drivers and the hardware manufacturers will have no choice but to put pressure on them when their sales suffer.

JamesH
08-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Hi,

I am listening but I don't have any news at the moment.
We are aware of the issue and are doing what we can to progress it.

There are a lot of different issues in this thread - if you have an issue that is not related to the Nvidia Control Panel please create a new thread.

Thanks,
James

sorrydaijin
08-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Is there at least a workaround for this? Having to unplug my 2 extra monitors, uninstall the drivers and reboot every time I want to use a 3D app is beyond annoying.

I have an Ideapad Y580 (with GF660M GTX) hooked up to two Lenovo ThinkVision LT1421s.

Vald
10-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Well, as of 7.4 M2 the problem is still present. I tried it again after packing up my dock and trying to sell it (nobody will buy it because it uses DisplayLink technology) and, as expected, it doesn't work.

You guys are just great - continuing to put out defective products for how long now? Close to a year?

sulo28
01-27-2014, 03:19 PM
Same issue here and its 2014. I think i may be abandoning DisplayLink since this seems to be an issue they refuse to correct, based on how long this thread has been open.

Very unfortunate.

MSPV12
03-12-2014, 12:14 AM
OK, so I have win7 pro 64bit with Nvidia GTX690 335.23 latest nvidia drivers (also tried other older drivers without success.

Three screens working fine in 2d surround.

Connect new 7" Lilliput and install latest 7.4 whatever displaylink drivers.

Initially, when I connected the usb screen, two main monitors turn off. switch off the usb screen and 2d surround works fine and all screens turn back on.

I have managed to get all four screens working, of sorts, but without being able to span the desktop across the three main screens. So when I run iracing, although I have the gfx settings set to run iracing on 3 screens rendered separately, the sim only displays on the center screen, with the outer two and the usb screen all displaying the desktop.

Also, with the usb screen powered ON, the Nvidia control panel is none functional.

When I turn the usb screen off, the Nvidia control panel works as normal.

I cannot operate the nvidia 'span displays with surround' when all four screens are listed, because a pop up appears that requires me to close a program called "Displaylinkuseragent.exe". When I try to close that application in task manager, it fails and says "Access denied". So I have to uninstall the displaylink software to be able to run the nvidia span display routine.

So, I can have four screens all working as clones (but lose all nvidia control panel functions), but I cannot have three main screens with extended desktop 2d surround and the fourth usb screen as accessory monitor.

It seems this is a long-standing issue. Did I just waste £100 on a stupid usb screen?

Please help.

Blayt
06-12-2014, 03:45 PM
I have the latest nvidia driver for my 780 Ti (v337.88) on Win 7 x64 and just downloaded DisplayLink Manager (v7.6.55673.0) as of June 12, 2014.

I cannot bring up the nvidia control panel, unless I display the DisplayLink adapter. Very very frustrating, it has been this way for quite some time.

Are there any updates? Will there be a fix or is this inconclusive right now?

Does anyone know if other similar products have this limitation, or just DisplayLink?

Wim
06-13-2014, 09:41 AM
I have the latest nvidia driver for my 780 Ti (v337.88) on Win 7 x64 and just downloaded DisplayLink Manager (v7.6.55673.0) as of June 12, 2014.

I cannot bring up the nvidia control panel, unless I display the DisplayLink adapter. Very very frustrating, it has been this way for quite some time.

Are there any updates? Will there be a fix or is this inconclusive right now?

Does anyone know if other similar products have this limitation, or just DisplayLink?

This is a known problem and we're currently trying to work with NVIDIA to find a solution as we don't know why our drivers make NIVIDIA hide the control panel.

Wim

SusiBiker
06-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Hi Wim,

I think I should have posted a problem I've been having with an Event Error ID14, referring to nvlddmkm, on this page. Sorry.

To save a double post, the thread can be found here -
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?p=74722#post74722

Regards,
Susi xx

konc3pt
06-18-2014, 08:17 PM
disabling on-board video. making nvidia card primary solved it for me

SusiBiker
06-18-2014, 09:58 PM
disabling on-board video. making nvidia card primary solved it for me

Hi.
I'm not sure who you were replying to, but I don't have "On-Board Video".

If I run with ONLY my Nvidia card in, and DisplayLink, I get crashes.

I can run an ATI card as a Secondary card, having removed my DL from the system, it works, but then the monitor has to be placed within a metre of the PC (a long story cut short - the monitor doesn't like DVI cables greater than a metre in length).
The idea of dumping the ATI card and using a DL was to get the monitor a couple of metres away from the PC, and save a bit of electricity into the bargain.
It has worked in the past with the ATI card on its own, I've had three DLs hanging off the system, but now I need the grunt from the Nvidia for 3D-rendering.

hoverdude
07-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Wim,
Please keep us updated on this issue! I am also having the problem where i have multiple monitors connected to a GTX 680 in Windows 7 x64 as well as a 10" displaylink monitor. When I connect the displaylink monitor I loose all the settings in my Nvidia control panel except for 3D settings.

looks exactly like the photos in this thread here (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/547415/nvidia-control-panel-missing-options/)

Definitely sounds like you will need to work with Nvidia to get this resolved, I get the impression this is an unintended Nvidia "feature" as you described earlier.

Appreciate that this is actively being looked into.

jwhite191
04-03-2015, 07:54 PM
I am having the same issue, is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

all drivers are up to date, but PhysX is only utilizing the Intel HD Graphics 4600. instead of using the Quadro K1100m Graphics card.

TNgirt
04-27-2015, 10:23 AM
Hi,

Im having this issue with NVIDIA control panel.

My system:
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (Desktop PC)
NVIDIA Geforce 580GTX
Asus MB
AMD Processor
2x Dell Ultrasharp monitors
1x MIMO 720S monitor USB

Drivers:
Latest MB drivers from AMD/ATI
Latest NVIDIA Geforce Drivers (no geforce experience installed) v.350.12 WHQL
Latest DisplayLink driver v.7.7

Problem description:
Short, i can't open Nvidia control panel. Nothing happens when i click the menu or control panel icon. When i unplug my MIMO 720S USB monitor, Nvidia control panel opens and is working just fine. If i plug usb monitor back, nvidia control panel won't open.

I've tried to re-install all drivers, re-install all drivers in safe-mode, remove and clean all installed drivers in safe-mode (with guru3d DDU) and then re-install both in safe-mode and in normally at desktop. No help. Problem persists. I've performed total system re-install and installed first MB drivers, Nvidia and last displaylink, but same problem continues. Also tried to install nvidia drivers with geforce experience. Geforce experience works but problem with nvidia control panel continues.

I've contacted to Nvidia support but got no reply.

Please help, i'd really like to continue using my usb monitor but its getting difficult to have it removed each time i want to adjust nvidia settings!

Odd thing is that i don't get any kind of error message anywhere. Eventvwr is blank as whiteboard when this problem occurs. Is there a way to debug displaylink driver some way? Any way to make it log events?

Thanks for otherways great product!

Please ask if you need any other information from me to help in solving this problem!