PDA

View Full Version : Asus, Win8.1/64 and ACP70USZ problems

jwiese
09-03-2014, 01:34 PM
I recently moved to a new laptop, an Asus Zenbook (UX31L) running Windows 8.1 64bit. When I plugged my ACP70USZ into the USB 3.0 port on the notebook it installed a number of drivers and my mouse, keyboard appear to be working fine, but I have no external power, no network, not external HDMI or DVI monitors working and no external speakers .

I tried installing both the current (7.6M2) drivers and the beta (7.7) drivers but neither has helped. I've restarted (warm boot), shutdown and restarted (cold boot) and nothing seems to get the video, network or external power working. I'm fine without the external power, but I really need the network and video working.

Also, I should mention that when I try to run the Firmware update (the unit I have is older, probably a little over 1yr) it Fails with a number of errors. It says Current FW Version is 9013.

Errors: "Open Device ERROR!!" (ISP Error), "Get Instance ID ERROR!!" , "FW Update ERROR!!" (USB 3.0 Hub Update Tool)

Any ideas?

jwiese
09-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Update: After disconnecting everything and reconnecting, for the 3rd or 4th time I now have video and external speakers working...still no external power charging or network.

I wonder if the firmware update not working is causing these two to not work...they never worked on my old machine either.

Any ideas on how to get the firmware update to work?

Wim
09-03-2014, 02:18 PM
It sounds like the dock could be faulty. It would be worth asking Targus about this.

The ACP70 does not charge your laptop. No dock charges over USB, but the ACP71 does have external power connectors, which means you don't need to use your computer power supply and can just connect the power cable from the dock.

Wim

jwiese
09-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Thanks. I did collect some logs, in case they show anything more.