PDA

View Full Version : Display Link Not Running OSX 10.7.5

aspac
08-05-2014, 05:38 AM
My 2012 MacAir 11" has just been to Apple as it kept shutting down and rebooting randomly - they replaced the LogicBoard and Power Board. I am running OSX 10.7.5 , same as before the repair work. But since the machine was returned my external monitor is blank. The Activity Monitor does not show the DisplayLink application as running. I've rebooted, disconnected and reconnected, uninstalled the DisplayLink software and reinstalled. But still no external monitor. My USB DVI adapter appears to be okay. And the second monitor attached to my Minidisplay port is also working fine.
DisplayLink worked perfectly before the hardware repairs.
Any ideas?:confused:

itadmincrbc
08-11-2014, 10:03 PM
My 2012 MacAir 11" has just been to Apple as it kept shutting down and rebooting randomly - they replaced the LogicBoard and Power Board. I am running OSX 10.7.5 , same as before the repair work. But since the machine was returned my external monitor is blank. The Activity Monitor does not show the DisplayLink application as running. I've rebooted, disconnected and reconnected, uninstalled the DisplayLink software and reinstalled. But still no external monitor. My USB DVI adapter appears to be okay. And the second monitor attached to my Minidisplay port is also working fine.

I have to ask why in god's name you're using 10.7.5 but it doesn't matter because it doesn't work on the new Mavericks either.

Carlo
08-15-2014, 09:03 AM

First thing to check is if the device is visible in the System Profile, USB section. If not it's a HW issue, I'd start thinking about power (external powered hub might help determining that).

If the device is visible in the system profile we can help by looking at the logs:
The log tool is at http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
You can attach the logs here or send them through http://www.displaylink.com/support/ask_question.php

Thank you,
Carlo