PDA

View Full Version : Maximum number of adapters/monitors for Mac OSX 10.9.4?

Mnikaido
07-31-2014, 05:43 AM
Hi all,
I've recently started using a Macbook Pro 15" Retina Display and was able to successfully use 4x DL-165 based adapters (J-Tech Digital) with 4x Dell 20" monitors. I had always anticipated expanding this setup into a 6 monitor array and thought this should be possible since all the product descriptions indicate using up to 6 adapters.

Using the 2.2 drivers, I've not had a whole lot of success. I haven't been able to get 2 more of the exact same J-Tech Digital adapters, but I have gotten 2 of their adapters that presumably use the DL-165 and also have audio support.

While those two flavors of adapters seem to be able to coexist, the maximum number of monitors that I am able to use seems to be four, not six.

I've searched around and found a few pages like http://support.plugable.com/plugable/topics/maximum_number_of_monitors_driven_off_1_pc_using_u ga_165s which suggest that the upper limit for Mac is set at 4, but that's from a post from over 3 years ago.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has run into a limit of 4? Has anyone successfully gotten more to work? Maybe I need to get off of the older DL-165 and use a newer adapter?