PDA

View Full Version : Mac 10.8.5 error with multiple monitors

SuperFlyEli
06-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Currently we are having an issue with our UGA display adapter where every time that we plug it into our iMac the desktop leaves the computer screen and goes onto another display but our 2 projectors and the computer screen become the extended view. No matter what arrangement options we chose we are not able to get the desktop to leave the external monitor nor are we able to get the projectors to change from the extended view either. If anyone can provide any help on this subject please reply and if any extra information on the specs or anything please feel free to ask.

DankerSaturn
06-12-2014, 04:34 PM
If I'm understanding the first of your problems correctly, it's that you are trying to make a different external display the "main" display with the desktop icons, right? As seen in the screenshot below, you can do that by dragging the menu bar within the Display Settings. The DisplayLink bug list states that with more than 2 displays, it probably won't remember the arrangement so each time you disconnect and reconnect you might have to do this step.

Changing the displays has been tough for me as well, this is one thing Windows has over Mac currently, is managing each display independently and being able to disable displays as necessary. I think this problem is just attributed to the Mac OS at this point.

If I didn't understand your problem correctly, my apologies!